on 30 November 2012
I always use the Michelin series as the scale is good particularly when following a battlefield guide book such as "Walking Arras " by Paul Reed. I am also planning to follow the route of the 10th Service Battalion RWF in their led up to the Arras battle April 1917. All the villages mentioned in the War Diaries are easily found on the Michelin maps. Also very good for map reading in a vehicle or on foot.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 August 2012
.......is like a Road Map; it shows the final destination and usually the best way to get to it. Which is precisely the function fulfilled by this Michelin Local Map of The Pas-de-Calais, Somme. If your destination is within this area then you will readily be able to see the best route particularly if like us your arrival point is the Tunnel at Calais. A really clear easy to discern map showing just about everything that your average motorist is ever likely to need to go from A to B with consummate assurance. And it is easy to unfold and refold without the requirement of a Master's Degree in Quantum Origami!

Vis-a-vis absolutely nothing pertinent to this review, whatsoever, I quote Steven Wright who said "I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it."
on 18 January 2014
Exactly what it says- the Michelin map- but at a very competitive price and without the hassle of searching high and low for it in the shops or having to wait until France to buy a copy.
on 19 June 2012
A map of the minor road in the Pas de Calais which is just what I needed for a holiday in Beussent. Shows minor road and cycle paths.
on 9 September 2013
If you are travelling to the Somme, this is the map to plan prior to your trip. We put stickers on where we were going and researched my grandad's battalions steps, not really one for opening in the car, due to it's size, but for planning and seeing 'the whole picture' it's excellent, I wouldn't be without it on our trip.
on 27 April 2014
Going on a motorbike tour of the first war battlefields around Ypres and the Somme. I don't like Sat Navs unless you've somewhere specific to go so a map comes in useful when you eventually get lost!!
Michelin maps are the only one's for Europe - recommended.
on 20 January 2015
I bought this as I intend visiting the area to follow in the footsteps of my ancestors who fought in WW1 - it has provided me with the information I need.
on 6 February 2015
Just the right scale for planning a self drive visit to northern France from the channel ports. In my case The Somme area and on to Ypres.
on 17 November 2014
Easy to read and uptodate.
on 30 July 2014
Excellent and clear. And more up to date than the one it replaces!!!! Good to see there's now a tunnel under the channel!