4.0 out of 5 stars michelin road map sicily
Published on 3 Oct 2009 by animacol

2.0 out of 5 stars Sicilia map
It is what you get for the price and French. I found it a disadvantge not having local train stations marked! We could have done with that!
Published on 3 Jun 2010 by Mr Edward Ashill

4.0 out of 5 stars michelin road map sicily, 3 Oct 2009
This review is from: Sicilia (Michelin Local Maps) (Michelin Regional Maps) (Map)
We used this map for a weeks trip around Sicily and it catered perfectly for our needs. Italy has a tendancy to wait until the junction before putting up directional sign posts so the map being the scale it was is not ideal for navigating through towns but to plan your route using main roads was ideal. We travelled throughout the island and never had a problem reaching our destination though id recommend getting a more indepth local street map to find hotels etc. The only negatives are the size of it and that its easily wet or torn with all the folding. The city guides on the rear were not much use other than a rough guide to direction. All in all, it served us perfectly well with additional support from google and the guide book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sicilia - road maps, 2 Aug 2011
RR Waller "ISeneca" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
One of the proudest moments of my life was handing a hire-car back in Sicily without a dent or scratch - a considerable achievement after seven days of white-knuckle driving across much of Sicily, including Mount Etna. Trying to follow the spirits of George S Patton (west), Omar Bradley (mountain middle) and Montgomery (east coast) we saw much of it by car. Having driven in many countries of the world, for most fun and enjoyment, I have grown into the view that one must become one of them, i.e. when in Rome, drive like them. In most countries, I found this easy; "In Cyprus, we drive on the right, left and sometimes in the middle" said the advertising many years ago. The same is true of Sicily but it should also read "at speed, with scant regard for anyone else and, 'certamente' without signals. By day five, I was driving a little like them but, unfortunately, still indicating my future intentions with signals, thereby giving myself away as a hesitant stranger with time to spare.

One of the secrets to avoiding accidents, is knowing where you are going and this map provided all the information required, although it was in small print. Even when I use a SatNav - for which the inventors should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize - I always look at a map to have a mental image of where I am going. Despite the problems of using a large map in the sea-breezes and finding how to fold it again, it was a useful addition to the holiday packing as have others in the past.

P.S. Having said all that about Sicilian drivers, we never saw an accident in our time there despite constantly feeling we had just narrowly avoided one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sicily Michelin map, 30 July 2009
D. Churchill (UK) - See all my reviews
good map. Signposting in Sicily very random. Navigating through towns very difficult. Would prefer larger scale map of smaller area.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great map - very detailed, 16 May 2011
I bought this map for a week-long road trip in Sicily. The map was thorough and didn't let us down. The road signs, on the other hand, are another story.

The only reason it didn't get five stars is because folding the map is a bit fiddly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great map!, 22 Jan 2011
This map is excellent and detailed. It marks the important historical sites (although rather oddly misses out the nature reserve on the north west coast) and makes planning a visit to Sicily very straightforward.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good map, 25 Jun 2010
While travelling with a GPS this map was valuable because sometimes the GPS didn't send us through the best road but through the quickest, so the Michelin map was an asset to certify that the indications given by the GPS were the best ones, and also, for me personally, a map "on paper" helps to give a more accurate idea of the geography of the area and of the location of places in relation to others. It's a good quality-price choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Map of Sicily, 10 Dec 2012
Just the job for a trip to Sicily. Use it with a Sicilian book and you will not get lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality map, 21 Nov 2011
C. Goodship (Warlingham, Surrey) - See all my reviews
If you need a good quality road map, this is the one to get; it even shows the location of speed cameras on the motorways.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sicilia map, 3 Jun 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Sicillia ( Michelin Maps ), 25 Feb 2013
I was pleased with the map and will probably purchase others in the future as we plan to keep travelling using Portugal and Australia as our base. We were however a little disappointed that it took a few days longer to arrive than expected. Maybe this is was due to us living outside the UK

ARRAY(0xafaa0d50)

Sicilia (Michelin Local Maps) (Michelin Regional Maps)
4.49