5.0 out of 5 stars GB Wall Maps
Published on 5 April 2010 by Mr. H. Steele

3.0 out of 5 stars Map go GB
Wanted a map of GB to help teach my grandson places where his beloved football team (Manchester City) is playing. Bought flags Map and flags do the job
Published 7 months ago by Irene Frfod

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars GB Wall Maps, 5 April 2010
Mr. H. Steele (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Britain and Ireland (Michelin Encapsulated Wall Maps) (Map)
Very impressed with the quality and speed of delivery. We hang it on the back of a door and use it for planning our holidays in the caravan. We see at a glance if our proposed journeys from A to B to C to D etc. are reasonably spaced for a comfortable few hours driving between destinations. The cardboard tube in which it was delivered makes ideal storage for it when not in use. I wish we has got it years ago.
Mr. H. Steele

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely map, 5 Dec 2012
This is a great map. But be very careful with the size. It measures 1 m by 88cm, so it is quite large. Make sure you have space to put it up. I was quite surprised by its size. I wanted to frame it and managed to find a standard frame from my local art shop. If you want to frame it, it could be very expensive unless you really shop around. I had it framed without the glass because it is laminated and it looks fantastic. Everyone in the house always stops to have a quick look as they walk past it and the kids constantly ask me questions about what they see. Much more fun than looking in an atlas. Even visitors who come to the house tend to flock around it to take a look. You can write on it and rub the pen out, but check the pen you are using first. Make sure it is suitable for laminated surfaces and is not a permanent marker. Test first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edition 8 (2010) size 0.88m x 1.00m, 17 Dec 2010
R. Davies - See all my reviews
I ordered this map from Amazon (rather than from one of their 3 currently listed alternative suppliers) and the map I received has printed on it 'Edition 8 - 2010'. This clarifies something which puzzled me when ordering, that Amazon's product info indicates it's from 2003, so apparently somewhat out-of-date. Amazon gives the same ISBN numbers as given on the barcode of the map I received. Perhaps it's a quirk of Michelin's ISBN numbering meaning that Edition 1 (2003) to Edition 8 (2010), and presumably beyond, retain the same 2 (10-digit & 13-digit) ISBN numbers.

The other thing I'd been curious about was the size of the map since it doesn't seem to be mentioned either by Amazon or by the customer reviews at present. The bar code sleeve on the map I received claims it to be '0,88 m x 1,00 m' - which equates to around 35" x 39" (or 2'11" x 3'3") for imperialists!

I can't comment convincingly on the map itself since I don't want to unwrap it, given that it's a present for someone else. Nevertheless, the slice of Ireland I can see without unwrapping looks impressive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wall Maps, 30 Nov 2009
J. Rowley - See all my reviews
Just what I wanted, arrived quickly, well packaged, good coms from the seller, to let me know it had been posted.
The wall map is very clear, with a lot of detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wall map review, 16 April 2010
MJ Lacey (UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this for our grandchildren who it seems know too little about our own country.
They like it and they can be shown where family live, where they live etc' It is ideal
as an educational aid. Also it can be wiped clean - brilliant 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Britain and Ireland (Michelin Encapsulated Wall Maps), 20 Oct 2012
First class product - very clear, good sized map - ideal for trip planning. In addition, I received goods in less than 24 hours - excellent service

5.0 out of 5 stars just what we wanted, 20 July 2012
we purchased this map to plan holidays and tours. it is also very good for finding places and distances. hangs on wall with blue tac.

5.0 out of 5 stars UK Map, 26 Feb 2012
Mr. Kenneth Hunt (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm really pleased with this map, it is just as described and I will be able to apply stickers temporarily knowing I can remove them late. A really good quality product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great map, 1 July 2011
This map is a nice size and very clear. It comes in good quality laminate, which still works with blu-tak.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
Was as expected and delivered promptly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›