5.0 out of 5 stars Enduring Classic

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
A classic book.
Published 7 months ago by Dnj

5.0 out of 5 stars Enduring Classic, 27 July 2013
I have known this classic for some years. It has always proved a clear and immense help in my Christian journey. I bought it as I needed a new one. People coming to it new would, in my opinion, find it a growing treasure, one of those kept on the bookshelf but taken down frequently for further reading. The Pursuit of God is not a book to skim through and think you know it. This book is for you if you really want to learn, but is not 'heavy' reading. There are more academic approaches to the subject. This is approachable and enjoyable for all of us. I would certainly recommend it to anyone interested in the subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy style to read, but very deep content. Challenging., 7 Nov. 1997
By A Customer
One of the absolute best books I've ever read...of any genre! There are many "devotional" style books out there, but very few come close to this in either writing style, but more importantly in content. Probably the author's best work. Writes clearly, simply, and very powerfully. Best read in small chunks because even though the writing is clear, the thoughts are deep and require reflection before moving on.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 30 Jan. 2014
The more we realise that God pursued us first the more we understand his grace knows no end and we can stop getting hung up on our failures and concentrate on running after him not letting the devil stop us through guilt or shame, just focusing on the leading of the Holy spirit and running the race

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep but wonderful, 14 Jun. 2014
Mrs. L. Niblock (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
I have written a review on The Utter Relief of Holiness by John Eldridge (which was amazing). That book led me to this one, I can't exactly remember but I think John Eldridge quoted from it. Anyway, this is a fantastic book. It has a different angle on holiness to the other but still equally valid and helps with a different perspective. I have learnt so much from reading both of these. From them I went on to read "The Me I want to be" by John Ortberg and it is so strange how three different books can give you different views but still all be so right and valid. They have all helped in enabling me to draw closer to God and set about giving great practical ways to help get a deeper relationship with Him. Buy it you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all-time favorites, 22 July 1999
By A Customer
There are not many books that are so timeless and challenging as The Pursuit of God. If you are tired of modern evangelicalism's false ideas that we can come to Christ without forsaking the world, that being a Christian means nothing more than to sidestep hell one day, this book is for you. Prepare to glow with the presence of God while you read this - we were created to know God intimately, and this book beautifully makes that known. Read it and be changed forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars transforming, 30 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Pursuit of God (Paperback)
This is an amazing book. It has really transformed my relationship with God- openeing my eyes to see more of WHO HE IS. I highly recommend it- prepare to be refreshed and challenged by this incredible book!

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST Reading, 2 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
What a profound impact this book had and still has on me! I first read it in El-Salvador and was all but arrested by the Spirit of God has He illumined these pages to me. I have read it for many years after that time as well. This really should be in EVERY Christian's library.

5.0 out of 5 stars COME ON CHURCH! LETS BE REAL, WE ALL NEED THIS!, 11 Dec. 2008
Mr. N. K. Darko-obiri (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
THIS BOOK POINTS OUT THE VERY ESSENCE OF CHRISTIANITY AND OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD.I'M ONLY HALFWAY THROUGH IT AND ALREADY I CAN HONESTLY SAY ITS RIGHT UP THERE WITH MY FAVOURITE BOOKS,PROBABLY NUMBER 1 (BESIDES THE HOLY BIBLE WHICH IS ETERNALLY NUMBER ONE).THE PURSUIT OF GOD IS MY NUMBER ONE BOOK, NOT BECAUSE IT NECESSARILY EXCITES ME,ALTHOUGH IT CERTAINLY DOES,BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY BECAUSE IT CONVICTS ME TO THE VERY CORE OF MY SOUL.THE BOOK REALLY TEACHES US WHAT CHRISTIANITY IS REALLY ABOUT, ESPECIALLY IN AN AGE WHERE IT SEEMS TO HAVE LOST ITS ESSENTIAL MEANING.ONE REVIEWER SAID THE THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS BOOK IS SOMEWHAT PROPHETIC AND I HAVE TO SAY THAT I AGREE 100%.ITS SO RELEVANT TO OUR DAY THAT YOU CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THAT IT IS PROPHETIC,ITS AS IF A.W TOZER IS WITH US TODAY AND WROTE THIS BOOK YESTERDAY.TIMELESS!TIMELESS!TIMELESS! NOW I WILL BE HONEST, THE BOOK IS QUITE SMALL(ABOUT 93 PAGES) BUT ITS TAKING ME A LITTLE WHILE TO FINISH READING IT BECAUSE I HAVE SPENT MUCH TIME PONDERING ON THE RICHNESS OF TRUTH WITHIN ITS PAGES IN EVERY CHAPTER. I THINK I HAVE READ SOME CHAPTERS THREE TIMES OVER. WHAT AN AMAZINGLY LIFE CHANGING BOOK! A.W TOZER WAS AND THROUGH HIS WORKS STILL IS A GIFT TO THE BODY OF CHRIST,HIS WORKS HAVE STOOD THE TEST OF TIME, DEFINATELY ONE OF THE GREATEST CONTEMPORARY PREACHERS/LEADERS OF OUR GENERATION. I KNOW HE IS WITH THE LORD UP IN HEAVENLY GLORY BUT HIS WORKS HAVE BEEN PRESERVED SO THAT MANY OF US WHO ARE TRULY SEEKING GOD WOULD ENCOUNTER HIM(GOD)DAILY IN OUR LIVES.I AM A YOUNG 25 YEAR OLD MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL AND I HAVE BEEN PERSUADED OF THE TIMELESS TRUTHS IN THIS BOOK. BOTH YOUNG AND OLD NEED THIS BOOK PERIOD. NOTHING HE HAS WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK IS BEYOND THE SCRIPTURES.HE IS EXPOSITING SOME REAL BIBLICAL TRUTHS AND THAT IS CERTAINLY WHAT THE BODY OF CHRIST NEEDS RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.THIS BOOK HAS THE SIGNATURE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ALL OVER IT, SO DONT HESITATE, BUY IT NOW, NOW, NOW! HALLELUJAH AND AMEN!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guidance, 22 Feb. 2014
Great book, very clear and easy to follow. Gives guidance and instruction with examples to highlight the main points. Some areas are personally challenging - overall a fantastic tool for personal growth and reflection

5.0 out of 5 stars gem of a book, 31 Dec. 2010
Definitely a 'classic'. Each page is packed with truths that challenge you right to the core of your being. Was given this as a present, and have been giving this out as a present ever since! A must-have-on-your-shelf of Tozer's.
One thing I will say, though - I ordered it thinking I would get the book as displayed, instead I recieved one with a different cover. Not that it mattes hugely as the content is still the same, but it does have a different look to it.

The Pursuit of God
The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer (Paperback - 7 Jun. 2013)