4.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Breed prequel novella
Published 19 months ago by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

2.0 out of 5 stars fail, but...
Published 6 months ago by Sadie Forsythe

4.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Breed prequel novella, 18 Aug. 2013
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The A Touch of Midnight novella is set several decades before Kiss of Midnight and is the long awaited story of Gideon and Savannah's meeting. I have loved this couple since the very first book so I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to finally read their story and I enjoyed every second of it. The story is set in the 70's and I thought Lara has done a fabulous job of creating the atmosphere of that time period. It was fun to see Gideon when he was a full on warrior going out and kicking rogue butt, I'd always wondered why he now remains on the compound and away from the action and my questions have now been answered.

I'm not going to talk about the plot for the story because it would be too easy to give you spoilers so I'm just going to say that I now love these characters more than ever. Savannah is a smart young woman who has an unusual ability and it was nice to learn more about how her Breedmate gift works. She is thrown in the deep end when touching an object gives her a horrifying glimpse of the Breed, she doesn't understand what she has seen and it is up to Gideon to explain things to her. Gideon is as fabulous as ever, he is protective of Savannah and you get to see a glimpse of the funny computer geek we already know and love. As you'd expect their meeting is anything but straightforward, especially when Gideon's nemesis has Savannah in his sights, but they are a brilliant couple.

I did feel that the romance moves a little too quickly but that didn't bother me as much as it usually would, party because I know things have to move faster in a novella than they would in a full length novel but mainly because I already know these characters so well and am fully invested in their relationship. This is a great addition to the series and it was nice to get another glimpse into the pasts of the core members of the Order (Lucan, Tegan, Dante, Con, Rio and of course Gideon). By the time I'd finished reading the novella I was seriously tempted to re-read the whole series again, in fact I may just have to do that before Crave the Night is released next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 29 July 2013
Wow!!! IM a huge fan of the midnight breed series and loved this short story about Gideon and savannah as ive always wondered how they came together. You wont be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 25 July 2014
This a totally amazing book, fantasy, romance, very visual and you can really feel for Savannah. Can't wait to read the next one

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 July 2013
Ms Bennett (Leicester England) - See all my reviews
This is a pre-sequel to all the books Lara Adrian knows who to do pre-sequels lol
I had to shake my memory to how some of the characters were in the beginning of the series but I loved it and it was fun watching this book progress.

2.0 out of 5 stars fail, but..., 7 Sept. 2014
Pompous, overwritten, rushed and containing every cheap PNR cliché known to man. However, I think (though I may be giving it too much credit) that since this was published well after the bulk of the book, it is intended for pre-existing fans of the series, whose well entrenched love of the Breeds would carry the day. Perhaps it has more meaning and resonance for such readers. This is the first of the Midnight Breed books I've ever read and I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 27 Nov. 2014
I got this book free and wasn't expecting much, I was pleasantly surprised the story of how the two main characters met and how they journey through the novella at a good pace. The authors descriptive carries you on the journey with them. I read that this is a prequel to the midnight breed series and I am now going to purchase the first book in said series and I can't wait to start reading g and follow them to see what happens next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Geek chic, 21 May 2014
*If you haven't read the previous Midnight Breed books then be warned this review contains a few tiny spoilers from the series and references which may not make much sense.*

I'm a big fan of Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series and I'm glad I FINALLY made the time to read Gideon and Savannah's novella. When the series begins Gideon and Savannah have been together for a long time so it was nice to see how they meet.

It's a novella so A Touch of Midnight is short. Personally I'd have liked a complete book, but I'm greedy when it comes to this series. The Gideon we get here is more alpha than we're used to seeing in the series. Don't get me wrong, he's still a geeky genius but we get to see a more badass Breed version of Gideon.

I really liked Savannah and getting her POV was really insightful because we see her strength and determination away from the Breed. She matches Gideon with intelligence and loyalty. I loved the stuff with Savannah's sister, and it was strange seeing certain characters who have, er, taken a different path (yes, Eva I mean you) back in the fold.

I'm not generally a fan of insta-love and the only time I seem to find it acceptable is in the Black Dagger Brotherhood or Midnight Breed books because it seems more fitting with vampires. The ending and Gideon's choice slightly annoyed me, but it explains his position within the Order in the other books. I'd like to see some of his more Breed-like qualities sneak into the rest of the series - I really like both geeky and badass Gideon!

4 Stars in my Sky!

4.0 out of 5 stars great read, 17 Jan. 2015
This is the first book in this series that I've read and what a great introduction. I loved the story and the characters, I'll be looking up the rest of the series and I hope we get to hear the story of some of the other characters as well as Gideon and Savannah.

5.0 out of 5 stars Savannah's love, 11 Mar. 2015
Savannah has a gift. She can see the history of an object by touching it and on touching a sword she finds at the back of the store room, it sets her feet on a path of adventure, peril and finally eternal love. Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Breed Books by Lara Adrian, 10 Dec. 2013
I love vampire themed books and Lara' s are an entertaining, action packed, seductive, addictive collection. Can't wait for her latest release.

A Touch of Midnight: (vampire romance) (Midnight Breed)
A Touch of Midnight: (vampire romance) (Midnight Breed) by Lara Adrian (Paperback - 12 July 2013)