5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book
I have bought a few books on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, this book is by far the best. It is easy to understand and to relate the Sutras to everyday life. It is a book you will refer to again and again.
Published on 29 Mar 2005 by M Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
This may not be the translation for me - there are many other translations. I found some of the views not to my taste, but again this may be me fighting where I am with myself, or not really understanding the text. Very interesting as I am new to the sutras, however the revelations of Lazarus, or the Bible or I-Ching, etc, etc are all very similar in their teachings and...
Published on 24 Jun 2012 by Sylvia K

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 31 Aug 2013
This review is from: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: New Edition (Paperback)
This is the timeless Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, with wonderful comments by the beautiful Being that was Sri Swami Satchitananda. It is instructive to the student of Yoga.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 2 Aug 2013
CaraLou (London, England) - See all my reviews
This book is a joy to read. I have only been practicing Yoga for a few months; I can see why people say it is an important text to read. Very complex ideas are explained clearly and this explanation I feel helps one make sense of one's own journey. There are certain spiritual concepts I have always been curious about. After reading this text I feel I have a greater idea of what they mean. I feel so fortunate to have come to Yoga practice at this time in my life and to have discovered this book. A great text to keep around, especially during testing times in life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, 9 May 2013
This review is from: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: New Edition (Paperback)
Contains Concise explanations about each Sutra, easy to grasp due to good use of examples in modern every day life.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL BOOK, 7 Dec 2012
THIS IS AN AMAZING BOOK!!!
A BOOK WHICH WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MY JOURNEY OF YOGA. A BOOK YOU CAN PICK UP AND READ, THEN PUT AWAY BECAUSE ALL YOU READ IS DEVINE GUIDANCE AND RELATIVE TO YOU AT THAT MOMENT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga sutras of Patanjali, 8 Oct 2012
The comentary in this edition is excellent, really easy to understand. I am new to the classic texts and would recommend this as a great place to stat

4.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Fundamentals..., 26 May 2012
This is one of yoga's seminal works. Not the for someone with a passing interest but certainly a great book to understand yoga philosophy and is a good guide to Patanjali's 8 Limb yoga.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book, 14 Mar 2012
This book is a book that can be picked up again and again, every time you read it it will offer new teachings to you, the meanings within the book will go deeper and deeper enabling you to learn and grow more ,it is a must have guide book to help keep you positive and give you guidance, understanding and reassurance.

5.0 out of 5 stars patanjali sutras, 22 Aug 2011
this is a great book. we are living in a time that is heading towards change. the teachings of patanjali give you a great guideline on how to live a meaningful live. I highly recommend this volume to all spiritual seekers.

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful views, 13 April 2008
M. Thanki "Manish" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
Swami Satchidananda is inspirational.I realised that I was doing robotic puja and trying to do "business deals" with God.This is an important book to understand yourself and your role in society

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 July 2014
Great

Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: New Edition
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: New Edition by Sri Swami Satchidananda (Paperback - 15 Sep 2012)