5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book
I have bought a few books on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, this book is by far the best. It is easy to understand and to relate the Sutras to everyday life. It is a book you will refer to again and again.
Published on 29 Mar 2005 by M Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
Published on 24 Jun 2012 by Sylvia K

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 29 Mar 2005
M Thomas (Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 30 Mar 2008
Mrs. Z. L. Reynolds "surfingbernard" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Sri Swami Satchidananda explains the Sutras in a clear and often entertaining way, and in an everyday context which is relevant to the modern world. In many ways some of the explorations are aimed at those new to the spiritual path, or those who have been practicing Asanas for a while and are looking to deepen their practice in a spiritual way. Those who have studied the Sutras before, or who have been following the Yogic path for a time may find some of the explanations superfluous, but there are still many valuable insights and any reader is sure to find this book a refreshing and entertaining read, and enjoy Sri Swami Satchidananda's endearing style- you can almost hear his voice when reading this. When buying the Yoga Sutras for my Dad, I chose this one as I knew he would enjoy the almost musical quality it has.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and uplifting explanations of the Sutras., 30 Jun 1999
By A Customer
Swami Satchidanandaji explains clearly the Sutras by giving practical tips on how to apply them in our own life. The book is full of wisdom and is not meant to read and keep aside, but read and reflect and that too repeatedly. Verily, a treasure for the spiritual aspirants. Personally, studying few stanzas each day and reflecting on them, provides immense peace and upliftment. The original Sanskrit text with meanings also provides an additional benefit for seekers to commit the sutras to memory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious but readable book, 4 Jan 2009
I was first given this book several years back, but recently, I found a copy in my friend's study. It was a delight to reread the pages again, as Swami Satchidananda's writing is timeless. I gained much from revisiting this old friend, and it is this book that I used as a cross-rerference when I was writing my book, LIVE Patanjali!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Breath of Life, 15 May 2013
Ms. S. R. Crow "roo cross" (St Albans UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: New Edition (Paperback)
I have studied the Bible, the Qur'an and now I am training to be a Yoga Teacher I have come to the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. The commentary by Sri Swami Satchidananda is superb. It provokes so much thought and further study. It is at the same time profound and relevant. Recommended to me by another Yoga Teacher I'm so pleased I followed her advice and purchased this one, it will be a companion for years to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, 24 Jun 2012
This may not be the translation for me - there are many other translations. I found some of the views not to my taste, but again this may be me fighting where I am with myself, or not really understanding the text. Very interesting as I am new to the sutras, however the revelations of Lazarus, or the Bible or I-Ching, etc, etc are all very similar in their teachings and enlightments. It's what floats your boat! There is something for everyone to think about who wants to think deeply about their spirituality.

5.0 out of 5 stars A spiritual read worth having, 18 Feb 2013
This is such a spiritual book
I love this book.
I'm still reading this book now and just can't seem to put it down.
It's packed full of phrases that you can implement in your life.
It's a fantastic read. You can't read this book as a novel, but instead in sectioned chapters as it's written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wisdom from the East, 2 Feb 2013
This is a very clear translation of the sutras - gems of very helpful guidelines for living at a more profound and aware level!

4.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 29 Jan 2013
Interesting to get a different perspective on things, however, potential readers should be aware that the author of this book is a bit suspect since he writes from the perspective of the mind or moon system and at later stages this distinction is important.

The author makes out that he knows the concepts and creates an image that he has mastered these but clearly this is not the case and does not explain difficult subjects, if you arrive at a train station you know what it looks like! in my opinion..

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful resource for yoga teachers, 15 July 2011
George A. Watts (Mid Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This is one of those "must have" resources for yoga teachers! I use the teachings of Patanjali all the time in my classes. Other great yoga teacher resources include:Yoga Teacher Lesson Plan Kit, Yoga Teacher Business Kit, Quick Yoga Sites and Yoga Studio Business Plan Kit.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: New Edition
Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: New Edition by Sri Swami Satchidananda (Paperback - 15 Sep 2012)