1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy this for the flaky pastry recipe if nothing else!, 29 May 2012
J. Simon "gluten free foodie" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Essential Gluten-Free Baking Guide Part 2 (Paperback)
This book is great for understanding how gluten free flours work - the authors have done all of the research so you don't have to! I mostly bought this (and part 1) for this reason - to understand which flours work in replacement of others due to similar characteristics e.g. protein content and to aid me with recipe creation. the recipe I was most keen to test was the flaky pastry recipe using sweet rice flour, which worked excellently and I have used as a pie crust and to make some sweet cheese pastries. There aren't really many other recipes in this or the other book which I am particularly keen to try, but the book has given me a good grounding in how non wheat flours can be used. I recommend this as a reference book more than anything.

You can easily get hold of the flours recommended in this book (and the part 1 book) online through Healthy Supplies and the Asian Cookshop.

The Essential Gluten-Free Baking Guide Part 2
The Essential Gluten-Free Baking Guide Part 2 by Brittany Angell (Paperback - 1 Mar 2012)
9.95