on 31 January 2013
The last few editions of this seem to have been slipping somewhat from interesting / entertaining pieces on food into somewhat self-indulgent homages to the celebrity chef culture. Less on the personalities and more on the food would be welcome in issue 6. Unlike the previous editions, I didn't feel particularly inspired to try to make anything in here.
on 1 June 2013
This edition includes mouthwatering recipes for Chinese dishes as well as a beautifully illustrated guide to dim sum. Also included is an interesting article by Fuschia Dunlop and Howard McGee on their experiences in China and what they took inspiration from.
on 11 May 2013
I don't usually buy expensive magazines but this one was very interesting as I like Chinese cuisine and it provided me with several new insights.