Format: Paperback|Change

on 13 October 2012
This guide is extremely useful but don't buy the Kindle version, get the book. This is an area where ebooks are limited. I bought the Kindle version but got so frustrated with the inability to flick back and forth between pages that I bought the paper version. Much better. I travel with my Kindle so this version may not be totally wasted but to learn how to use your camera in detail you need the paperback. Books on Bridge Cameras are so few and far between that this specialist book for the Nikon Coolpix P510 is a godsend and may even be useful for owners of other bridge cameras. The guide takes you through the controls in much greater detail than the Quick Start Guide supplied with the camera, explaining how to get the best out of each setting and how to move in the direction of DSLR. and creative photography. Clearly the camera is not as versatile as a DSLR but for a 'happy snapper +' it's great and the guide helps get the best from it.
Kindle version: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510
Paperback version: Photographer's Guide to the Nikon Coolpix P510
on 24 September 2012
Teaches all about everything you might want to know regarding the Nikon P510. Excellent for complete beginners who know very little about photography.
on 28 October 2012
I have a very fat manual which came with my camera - except - 32 pages were in 'english'; and the rest in 4 or more other languages. The manual; has minimal information. I am taking a photography course; and certain information was required in my course. It just wasn't there. BUT the info I needed was in this book. More information then the actual manual which has come with the camera.
on 24 December 2012
Nothing to dislike. Very clear information. For owners of a Coolpix P51O gives all the guidance you could possibly need. Especially for thoughs new to this type of camera.
on 20 September 2013
Until I read this book I was muddling around trying to figure out how to best use some of its features. The factory manual provides a general idea how to use the camera, but this book provided a whole new dimension to how it can work for you. There are lots and lots of little tricks that can be used to make this camera so much more versatile. I despaired about the lack of low down aperture settings until I found that I could use the night portrait setting to take photos in low light in any location and at any time of day. Every element of the menus is explained and tips and tricks provided. An extrememly valuable tool for owners of a quite outstanding camera.
on 17 January 2013
this book has proved to be an exellent way to find out,how the p510 works it defines all the shooting modes in plain language
that everybobody will understand.it describes situations,which mode is the best for that type of photo and gives some
tips on how to set up for a good photo. personally i wanted to find out about manual mode how to set camera up from
scratch setting iso,shutter speed, apeture light balance,choice of focus when to use a tripod.ect. its all in the book
exellent value for money would reccomemd ..this book to anyone with a nikon coolpix p510. you wont be dissapointed.

.donnie.
on 28 February 2014
I have this book now on iPad and on kindle.

It tells you the basics right from what each button does and what the layout of the buttons are.
The detail in the book is great and it goes into fine detail about the manual functions. I went from a basic small digital point and shoot camera. Now using the nikon p510 is great and I don't think I would of learned so much without this book.

The book lays out very well on my windows phone through the kindle app. The reason I have the kindle version and the apple version is so I can read it at home and then when I go out with my camera I have it on my phone too.

This book helps you master the nikon (p510) you can get some great photos done by just reading all the relevant information.

The writer guides you through how to use the different modes, explaining it very well and with 2 different pictures to see the difference.

I love this book, it has helped me to develop my photography skills.

Highly recommended for all.
on 6 December 2012
The P510 is a complex camera. A must have! There are a number of complex controls on the P510 but since I have read this book (as a reference of course!)....they are now much clearer and the capabilities of this superb camera (which I also bought from Amazon) become very clear indeed!
on 26 July 2013
Hi
I don't do reviews but without this book I wouldn't have got the full benefits from this wonderful camera.
Everything is broken down right to its nuts and bolts and explained in such a way that even an enthusiastic yet novice like myself can understand complete with photos.
In a nutshell if you want to get the best from your P510 then this is the book for you as I knew somewhat of what my camera could do but whilst reading the book I was saying to myself I didn't know it could do that !
So thank you Alexander S. White 10/10
Gary Andrews
on 7 January 2013
First the book. We have only just bought this camera and the quick lesson we got in the shop stayed in our brains for a couple of hours then left us. The book goes through everything you need to know to get the very best out of the camera, and also shows photos of the menu screens etc as well as comparisons of the same photo subject using different settings. We will probably work through the book a bit at a time - really learn one thing before we move onto the next.

Service - great. Book arrived as expected and on the correct day.