5.0 out of 5 stars Concise yet thorough
Just been invited to project manage an IT team using SCRUM. This book clearly outlines its merits and methodolgy. I'm now very confident and excited to lead the team.
Published on 12 July 2012 by Mr. Geoffrey Newman

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet.
I needed a quick overview. It does what it says on the tin. Nice job. Definitely worth it a good read.
Published 8 months ago by Alexandra Jane Pearson

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise yet thorough, 12 July 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Sep 2012
Small easy to read book with excellent descriptions of Scrum.
I bought it to research Agile and Scrum before I went on a course and it has helped immensely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for newbies and many seasoned developers, 2 July 2013
J. S. Hardman "Consultant software developer ... (Near London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Scrum: a Breathtakingly Brief and Agile Introduction (Paperback)
I've been working as a Team Member on a SCRUM team for 15+ months. Whilst I've read various books about Agile practices, covering different aspects of the development lifecycle (estimating, testing etc), I've not read one as concise as this before. Somebody I know who keeps hearing me talk about Agile bought this book to get an overview. I borrowed it and read it in half an hour (yes, it really is that short). Did I learn anything from it? No. However, it did remind me of a couple of aspects of SCRUM that the team I am part of doesn't practice. It also reminded me to address the definition of Done again, which is vital to things working smoothly. So, this tiny little book was useful for me as a seasoned software engineer (30+ years) who has been working with SCRUM for the last 15+ months. For anybody new to SCRUM and Agile, I suspect this book will also be useful, but mainly to trigger asking pertinent questions. This book is not enough on its own to suddenly convert a "waterfall" style team to SCRUM/Agile. It is, however, useful, accessible and short!

5.0 out of 5 stars A succinct introduction, 28 July 2014
I never heard of Agile or Scrum before, but after reading this quick and informative overview, it's an approach I've been using intuitively in my own software development. It makes sense. No need for complicated documents and dependency diagrams as in SSADM, yet rigorous enough to get things done and stick to the requirements (even if they tend to change during development as they inevitably do).

There's no discussion about the disadvantages and inherent pitfalls, but that's not necessary in this short treatise. I imagine it's something one would have to look into when working with Scrum in practice. Even for a large-scale project, it would probably be useful to break it down into smaller projects and use Scrum as a way to manage the development cycle.

What seems to be the most salient feature of Scrum is that developers work in small teams of around 7-9 people, with regular but highly focused planning and status meetings for each iteration of the product life cycle; and this keeps the communication tight and clear between members. And the client gets to see the progress milestones more frequently also, with real working results at each iteration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent. Does what is written on the cover., 28 Feb 2014
I've suspected for a long time that agile development is the right way to work in the short term. This little book explains why, and introduced me to the roles. I now know what a scrum master does.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet., 14 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable Introduction, 26 Aug 2013
Pretty okay for a short introduction to the concept of the Scrum methodology. Quite short, but it gives a decent outline of the major points.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short, but Useful, 25 Aug 2013
Niall (Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
If you want a basic introduction or reference, this is good. If you want any detail I'd recommend something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concise and to the point, 7 July 2013
Perfect book for me as a reminder of key Agile meetings and concepts. Handy guide to have to hand. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good introduction, 4 Feb 2013
Very worthwhile - sure, you can find this information on the internet, but this presents it in a nice, quick to read format. I actually read this on the way to my Certified Scrum Master course

Scrum: a Breathtakingly Brief and Agile Introduction
Scrum: a Breathtakingly Brief and Agile Introduction by Hillary Louise Johnson (Paperback - 3 April 2012)
5.90