Not by Rick Riordan, but about his books.
Just thought I would mention that as it seems that some readers are buying this based on the premise that it is a new Riordan book.
A collection of thoughts and essays by other authors on books written by Riordan.
Published 21 months ago by Cheryl M-M

Review: I was rather disappointed in this book. I realise that the Percy Jackson series is aimed at children but I was hoping for rather more of an in depth analysis of it than this. It isn't so much a collection of essays which is what I was expecting as a collection of people's random thoughts on the series.
Some sections are mini stories which do give a little...
Published on 18 Nov. 2012 by Becca1405

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing introduction to Greek mythology and the Riordan books, 7 July 2013
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Demigods and Monsters (Paperback)
Not by Rick Riordan, but about his books.
On a side note I loved the introduction to the book, but have decided to take my chances even if it means getting shot.
I actually had never heard of Riordan or his books until I saw the film version of Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. Personally I think it is of the most underrated kids movies I have seen. The film enticed me to look up the books and since then I have introduced the reading material to my children.
The essays seem to focus more on the Greek mythology, which is the core subject in the books. It would have been nice to see a more in depth approach to the characters or plots in the same humorous way.
What does become evident is how many people or fellow scribes enjoy the product of his imagination.
This book is what I would call an add-on or oddity in a collection and perhaps more interesting to a fan or a reader who would like to know a little bit more about what makes the Riordan books tick.
I recieved a free copy of this book via NetGalley.

3.0 out of 5 stars Demigods and Monsters: Your Favourite Authors on Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series - Rick Riordan & Others, 18 Nov. 2012
Some sections are mini stories which do give a little more information about the Percy Jackson world and the rest a fairly lightweight "essays" about various aspects of the stories, such as shopping or parents.
I'm not sure what the demographic is for this book because I can't see many of the younger readers that Percy Jackson is aimed at wanting to read a collection of essays but that is really the level that they seem to be aimed at, there certainly isn't anything to interest the older reader.

Favourite quote: "PERSONS attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be ban- ished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot--BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR."

4.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, 21 Aug. 2011
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Love for Percy Jackson is sweeping readers everywhere -- and not just teens. Other authors love him as well, and they have something to say about him! DEMIGODS AND MONSTERS is a book of essays penned by other authors covering all things Percy Jackson.

Jenny Han gives godly parental report cards and asks if you could pick one parent out of the god realm, who would you choose? Rosemary Clement-Moore writes a lesson in recognizing monsters, for beginners, of course. Ellen Steiber attempts to answer why Dionysus isn't a poor choice for the director of Camp Half Blood. Nigel Rodgers writes a glossary of "Who's Who?" in Greek Mythology.

Cameron Dokey, Paul Collins, Carolyn MacCullough, Elizabeth M. Rees, Sarah Beth Hurst, Elizabeth E. Wein, Kathi Appelt, and Sophie Masson also write essays that are humorous, clever, odd, and just plain great.

Percy Jackson fans will love this book.

Reviewed by: Jennifer Rummel

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 5 Jun. 2013
Quite good could have been some actual stories in there by Rick riordan himself it's just people's take on of the series but it does have some of the original myths in there though and the structure of the Percy Jackson series could be better but good

5.0 out of 5 stars Evelyn(england), 29 Dec. 2014
was a good book but i would have wanted the auther to write the story i still think its asome
who ever wrote it should be punished

4.0 out of 5 stars DEMIGODS AND MONSTERS, 13 Dec. 2014
This book is ok I enjoyed it so buy it . At times in truth it got boring but other than that it was amazing !

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Dec. 2014
Bought for my daughter who loved it

Demigods and Monsters
Demigods and Monsters by Rick Riordan (Paperback - 18 July 2013)