4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other 2.
Really like Lindsay's books but was a little disappointed in this one. Repeat recipes and a lot of pages about her travels. Didn't need that in a cookery book!
Published 16 months ago by poppy

1.0 out of 5 stars A couple of promising recipes the rest, not so good
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars A couple of promising recipes the rest, not so good, 13 Sept. 2013
I like Lindsay Nixon alot, I read her blog (which is fantastic)and I have her first book "Happy Herbivore", it was the first recipe book I bought after becoming Vegan. I was really looking forward to getting this book as I had enjoyed Happy Herbivore and I use it a lot. In this book there are some recipes that look good and I can't wait to try such as the Lentil Taco Meat and the Cuban Black Bean Soup. The bad side of the book is that some of the recipes are so simple that they shouldn't be in a cook book. It's so annoying, I bought this book with hard earned money and one of the recipes is Tostada con Tomate, that's just toasted bread with tomatoes on or Cafe Con Leche, that's coffee with milk. Some of the other ridiculous ones are French Fries which had one ingredient-potatoes which are then grilled then there is Edamame which has two ingredients- onion and edamame. To be honest, the more I think about the fact that I have paid for these "recipes" the angrier I get. I wish I'd bought a different book now, I can't look at this one without getting irritated. When I look through, there are so many "recipes" that have just one, two or three ingredients, they can't be classed as recipes surely. I mean, come on, toasted bread with tomato on, that's just having a joke.

1.0 out of 5 stars basic, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Happy Herbivore Abroad: A Travelogue & over 135 Fat-free & Low-fat Vegan Recipes from Around the World (Paperback)
i was so disappointed when looking at rather basic and boring recipes, and the pictures make the food looks yucky. Not a very happy herbivore at all. :"(

2.0 out of 5 stars uninspired., 5 April 2013
I am vegetarian slowly making the transition to a dairy free diet. I enjoy cooking and have a number if veggy books offering wonderful dishes from all over the world. I was hoping this book would give some exciting recipes that would fire my imagination.

I used amazon's look inside function to read the index and i must admit it look promising. With dishes like Thai Mango Curry and Orange Teriyaki Rice this book seemed right up my ally and so i purchased it.

In reality its over simplified and quite dull. The delicious sounding Orange Teriyaki Rice consists of just 3 ingredients - Cooked brown rice, orange juice and Teriyaki sauce. As there is no recipe for Teriyaki sauce i assume it means shop bought. So the recipe is take the 3 premade ingredients and mix. I mean, really! Do i needs a £10 book to tell me how to do that! There must be more to Vegan food than that!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the other 2., 12 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars HH does it again!, 9 Jan. 2013
This is the third Happy Herbivore book from Amazon and they are all great value for money and superb inspiration to a 6 month old Vegan. I love the recipes, simple, easy to make and SO tasty! Also bought a book for my son who has Arthritis badly he's tested a few recipes and at New Year has gone all out and become meat-free! Thanks a MILLION Happy Herbivore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Jan. 2015
Brilliant book, real food, now my favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 25 Feb. 2013
Excellent new vegan ideas....quick easy to follow......every body should try this book.....healthy, cheap, quick, what more could you ask for?