Format: Paperback|Change

on 1 May 2012
This is a little gem of a book that encapsulates, in very concrete advice, how to create a mindful space in your home. Written by Thay, his deep love and compassion for all comes through so clearly. We don't have to have a golden Buddha statue, all is within us and we can create a simple and beautiful place where all the busyness stops with relative ease. I love the mantras for washing dishes or coming through the front door...'I have arrived...I am home' Where else can we stop and breathe and be ourselves if not in our own home? Meditation can take place at any time...Fabulous little sketches.
on 11 February 2013
I read this book in half an hour - it really is that small - but don't underestimate how powerful it is. What appealed to me as an action-oriented person was the concrete advice - things to say quietly in your mind while you breathe deeply etc - and the tone of the book was wonderfully kind. I felt my body physically relax while reading. The other mediation books I picked up in the book shop I found too long-winded as a newbie and ironically make meditation seem like harder work than it is. Hanh's top-pocket sized book really is a gem.
on 2 January 2013
Gave this book 5 stars ( would have given it more). Since reading this book, I have felt a lot calmer and not as stress. Highly recommend this book.
on 24 November 2012
This small book is packed with wonderful advice for appreciating a simple life and tips on achieving peace in your home environment. Highly recommended.
on 18 February 2013
A lovely book which gives a feeling of flowing gentle calm. All ideas & instructions are explained clearly & are easily attainable. Another Great Book by this amazing Author.
on 13 September 2013
I found this charming book very helpful in getting my home organised to help support me in the practice. I would recommend it to anyone fairly new to the practice of meditation, beautiful illustrations and inspirational words.
on 14 April 2013
If you thought that meditating required time and effort and travelling to some place where you are guided and sit with dozens of others, think again! meditation is just about every act in your daily life, so long as you do it mindfully. Lovely passages and thoughts for daily meditation and awareness from waking up to going to bed through washing up, eating, switching a light on, etc. A brief and useful book that you can carry with you to find inspiration everywhere. Thich Nhat Hanh has done it again for me.
on 26 December 2012
This is a brief yet effective and easily absorbed guide to mindfulness and meditation that takes time to absorb and practice regularly.
on 12 May 2014
I really liked the gentle nature of this book: the text invites you to practice, it does not instruct or dictate. Very useful exercises and mantra to try. It certainly inspire me to practice at home and create space to do so.
on 1 June 2014
This book helped me with the basics to get started at home, I hope my breathing space will strengthen and bring me peace.