5.0 out of 5 stars Best One So Far, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Archie: The Married Life Book 3 (Paperback)
I mostly picked this paperback up because I'd missed out a lengthy chunk of my monthly comic subscription to Life With Archie, but I'm really glad that I did. Volume 3 covers the answers to what's going on with the multiverse, Dilton, Ambrose, Fred Mirth, Veronica's disappearance and the two Mr. Lodges.

Basically, this volume concludes the first major "arc" of the series and if you've been following it up to now it's worth picking this one up to see how everything ends.

It also covers the wedding of Kevin & Clay, as the cover suggests. This event is sadly quite rushed in favour of keeping the rest of the plot moving. While I would have liked more focus on the happy couple, I'm at least content knowing that both Kevin & Clay get developed more into regular cast members in upcoming volumes, so I can forgive the rush a little bit.

If you've never bought a Life With Archie book before then I'd obviously recommend starting with volume one though. You definitely get your money's worth with this series, as each volume is almost as thick as a catalogue in length. And also, if you've never been a fan of Archie comic's "never changing" environment then Life With Archie is EXACTLY the right book for you - as it finally gives the series a wake-up-call to get on with it and has plenty of changes in the lives of these characters with every issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, clean (slightly befuddling) fun, 23 July 2014
I hadn't read an Archie since I was a kid, until I fell victim to the carefully choreographed publicity stunt of Archie's death. Three evenings of non-stop reading through three volumes later, I have to admit that I haven't read a graphic novel I enjoyed as much since Persepolis.

Archie: The Married Life Book 3
Archie: The Married Life Book 3 by Paul Kupperberg (Paperback - 28 Feb. 2013)