5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding The Warrior Mindset
I've been moving on from the warrior mindset for some time now after reflecting that the only purpose for a warrior is to find war and battles and conflict. After all, it's what they train for, right?

Published on 11 July 2012 by DAX

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother
Was very excited before i got this.. instead i got a small book, large text - talking about fictional characters
Published 9 months ago by M Staderline

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding The Warrior Mindset, 11 July 2012
DAX (loughton, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Warrior Ethos (Paperback)

But this book intrigued me as I know that Pressfield has a fond romanticism around all things military (as do I as a former soldier myself) yet I also know that he's a logical, no-BS thinker and writer who doesn't dress things up, preferring to let the actual events he writes about be seen in their 'down and dirty' reality.

I liked this book as he hit on elements of the warrior mind, the tribal connection, the difference between a gang and a unit of warriors, the hardcore codes of ethics, the care of community, attraction to hardship and more.

I can't recommend this enough for those trying to understand the warrior mind and what makes them as they are... a brilliant, if somewhat short, read.

Truth, joy and love

Dax Moy
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 May 2014
This review is from: The Warrior Ethos (Kindle Edition)
I love Steven Pressfield's novels with Gates of Fire being my all time favourite. I was not sure what to expect from this book but it is excellent. If you want to find out why some warriors break the rules and some don't then read this. The parts on tribalism are a difficult read - making you painfully aware how far the human race has failed to come in its evolution, especially in the treatment of others.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 15 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight-forward, Insightful and Digestable., 7 April 2013
This review is from: The Warrior Ethos (Paperback)
Very easily read book about the warrior mindset and what really drives us as human beings, i particularly enjoyed the small impactful history lessons about the Spartans and Rommel. Short book that can be read in a afternoon and something that should be study ground for the warrior mentality.

The Warrior Ethos
The Warrior Ethos by Steven Pressfield (Paperback - 11 Mar 2011)
5.69