5.0 out of 5 stars The Next Step, 17 Jan 2012
Richard Perkins (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gospel Story Bible: Discovering Jesus in the Old and New Testaments (Hardcover)
I'm reading this with our six year old son. We've done the usual story Bibles to death and wanted something a little meatier, with different stories thrown into teh mix. It's early days; we're still in the Old Testament. But we're loving it. I love it because it's been shaped by Jesus' understanding that the Bible is all about him. And so Old Testament stories aren't left hanging, the authors make an effort to show how it's fulfilled in Christ and the gospel. It does the hard work for me, which at 7.30pm at night after a long day is pure gold! It's fair to say that our son would love some more pictures. It's a big hardback book and it's colourful but the pictures are abstract and he's not yet attuned to the aesthetic appeal of that kind of artwork! It's probably more suited to a seven year old than a six year old (though our son does have the attention span of a goldfish). But so far, I'm only positive about this Bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gospel Bible Story Bible, 8 Dec 2012
GEOFFERY (LICHFIELD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This has been a big hit with our 8 year old grand daughter who just loves to read the well illustrated stories each evening. She has even been enthusiastic enough to take it to her primary age school to show her friends and teacher. The language is not too difficult for a reasonably intelligent child of eight and would be suitable right up to eleven years of age as it is not babyish like many illustrated bible story books can be.
The book encourages the young reader to see that Jesus is there in the Old Testament as well as the New

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've seen, 25 Feb 2014
E. A. Pangbourne "AP" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for an eight year old girl who absolutely loved her child's Bible story book but was growing out of it. I feel this book fills a gap in the market that has been there since I was a child of 8 (I'm now nearly 65!), and was certainly there when I was looking for something for our children, 25 yrs or so ago. Not only does it point to Jesus but also gives some questions to talk about ... a huge improvement on the often comic-style Bible notes for that age group which, in those days, tended to focus more often on activities than the Bible story itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Very Acceptable Christmas Gift, 2 May 2013
This was purchased as a Christmas gift so I am not in a position to review it. The recipient was very pleased with it and has since said how much they have enjoyed it.

The Gospel Story Bible: Discovering Jesus in the Old and New Testaments