5.0 out of 5 stars A threesom to cherrish
Congrats on a book that was the very first of a long standing obsession of mine. I've read books 1-3 in 2 days and I intend to keep going, thanks all thanks to the lovable brothers in this first instalment.
Published 15 months ago by Sue

I knew that this book hadn't gotten great reviews, but I'm a SB fan and wanted to see for myself whether it was really as bad as made out or not. I'm on the side of the 'not', but only just so.

Published on 15 Nov 2011 by ROROBLU'S MUM

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit trite, certainly cliche'd, rings untrue. An ok read if you're prepared to disregard the 'yeah, right' stuff, 15 Nov 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

The synopsis from amazon and other review pretty much cover the tale, but too much suspension of disbelief was required for me to be able to enjoy it without irritation. The female lead is almost portrayed as fresh off the farm, wearing little pink socks and bows, a virgin who has barely even interacted with males, let alone dated or experimented, and yet, she goes from admin assistant to Most Desired by all three males in about an hour. And not just that - not only have they not until now expressed any interest in her, but suddenly she's being hoisted over a shoulder, carried onto a plane, placed across a lap to be spanked and then exposed to all three...

And then we learn that she's a paragon of virtue, replacing cans of Coke with green tea, telling a receptionist that she does not want to be considered for a role as her only competition's husband has just left her and the kids, and the latter needs the money, and she couldn't live with herself if she took the job...puhlease! In which world? And who on earth turns up to an interview in a denim miniskirt? This makes us women look stupid!!

And then the Neanderthals get talking about the beauty regime she will have to follow, about the punishments she'll get if she doesn't obey and respond to commands, and if she doesn't call them Master, and that they'll be clamping her and chaining her...and she doesn't express any concerns, have any questions or objections? Really?

Yes, I know it's fiction, and I know it's meant to be mild BDSM, but this was asking for too much suspension of disbelief. The only reason it's not a total duffer is that the sex was hot, despite not all 4 participants being fully committed to the relationship, or comfortable in it, at the start.

An ok read, but not a fave by a mile. A pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars A threesom to cherrish, 18 Jun 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay read for me, 4 Sep 2011
S. Richards (Deep South) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
As a Shayla Black fan, I really wanted more from this story. I got a little bit but not enough. I thought some aspects of the stalker plot were a little too easy and even nonsensical. So much more could have been done with that. I love a good stalker romance where the h needs protection, where there's some suspense and fear for her safety, but I feel this half-baked stalker plot was there only to push the three brothers and Hannah (I just had to go back and look for her name. That's how much she stood out to me) together, and only for that reason. And that forced time together really could have been done anywhere, with or without the stalker incentive. The whole stalker thing just seemed sort of half-thought out.

As for Hannah, man, did that chick have some TSTL moments. I get that she was conflicted. She's a sweet little virgin whose romance novels have turned her on to menage and D/s; yet, she wants to make sure these boys get that submissive doesn't mean weak or stupid. So to prove her independence and her will, she goes off and does these silly things, like not putting stronger locks on her door, going off to town alone, arguing about having her phone back, arguing about being under these men's protection, all the while with some stalker fixated on her. But I guess since the stalker wasn't really that scary most of the time, it made perfect sense to go hop-scotching around, oblivious, trying to prove a point.

As for the brothers, they were sexy. There's no denying that. While Gavin's behavior did annoy me, and I don't know if some of the things he said to Hannah were forgivable, whatever intention he put behind them, the man just didn't seem to mesh with the menage. Maybe he should have had his own story, one where tortured hero finds his own soulmate, alone. He wasn't even used to sharing with his brothers, I don't think. Now the two other brothers, Slade and Dex, were all into sharing and they made sense in their pursuit of Hannah. All the brothers were hot, Dex most especially. I have to say the menage scenes were erotic, although the bdsm aspect could have been much better conceived.

While I liked the dominant alpha heroes, I needed more story, stalker or no stalker, a stronger and deeper heroine, and bdsm action that felt more real. The sex and the guys were hot, but it's not enough to make this story for me. Overall, this was just an okay read for me. It wasn't a strong page-turner. I'm hoping the next book in the series is better.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 9 July 2014
racy naughtiness, great men

4.0 out of 5 stars A hot read, 31 May 2014
A very hot read about three fantastic alpha males, a likeable female and a little stalker suspense all thrown in.

Really enjoyed this read as all the characters are likeable in their own ways and the sex was exceptionally hot. And a great ending, giving us a little insight into the 4 of them 1 year on

4.0 out of 5 stars A sexy ménage, 14 May 2014
Mrs. S. M. Perry (warwickshire, England) - See all my reviews
<<Possible Spoilers>>

I loved this story! The characters are well developed and seem so real that I got sucked into it.
The storyline does seem a bit far fetched as an innocent virgin is suddenly in lust with three men and then involved in a D/s relationship with them and as some people have pointed out she did seem a bit of a silly billy for example she had a gun in her bag which she didn't even know how to use! But that being said as the story developed she seemed to grow a back bone and I liked her more for it. With ménage romances for me its hit or miss, some seem too over the top dirty and can make me cringe but this is brilliant. The sex scenes are sweet,hot and erotic and I loved them.

Hannah is having some trouble with a stalker and instead of asking her bosses Gavin, Slade or Dex for help she tries to deal with it herself. That is until some photos are delivered to her at the office and Gavin opens them by mistake. Once her situation is known by the brothers it doesn't take them long to take over and protect her. They whisk her off to Alaska to keep her out of trouble. The way they do that is hot! I would love that to happen to me.
Hannah has been in love with them all since she started working with them and when she tells them that because she thinks they will treat her like the other girls that they brush off leaving her heartbroken they take that as proof that a relationship will work between them all and all bets are off. The brothers will show her how it will be and love her like she loves them. But with danger lurking though will three men be enough to keep her safe?

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 7 May 2014
Miss K. C. Fry "Katy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This is about a m/m/m/f menage.
Hannah is an innocent virgin, never loved or lusted but now she loves three, men, brothers, "the James Gang - Gavin, Slade, and Dex. In her fantasies, they were her men, though she would never, ever tell them. But she'd fallen madly in love with them, and all three were way out of her league".
Hannah is in a dangerous position of being stalked by a stranger and Gavin finds out. The James brothers decide to take her away to keep her safe until the issue is resolved but they have to persuade her first. Understandably she's reluctant, just go away with the three of them, all angry at her for not telling them what was happening so they could have stepped in earlier. She gets hauled out the building against her will, literally, boarded onto a private plane, her luggage has been packed by Dex who broke into her flat behind her back. She's in mid air, trapped by them when Dex and Slade drop the bomb that they want her to submit to them in a D/S relationship. What????? Shes trapped, not really got a way out, doesn't understand what it means.
Anyway, she goes from innocent to a raging nymphomaniac enjoying foursomes within days. I admit the foursome is quite an exciting read but otherwise I'm not impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars fanastic, 15 Mar 2013
all round fanastic series of books fun and serious no waffling just would have liked a lot more pages to it

5.0 out of 5 stars It was like pass the parcel, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Their Virgin Captive: Masters of Ménage: 1 (Masters of Menage) (Paperback)
Hannah's in love with her boss and his two brothers and have a guess what? their in love with her. All three decide their going to seduce her,then marry her. I honestly don't know if this idea would work in real life (a commune springs to mind). They were all talk and not much action although they did seduce her. She was supposed to be a sub it was more like a sex slave. Very well written but a crap idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love it, 22 Feb 2013
I really enjoyed this series. All 4 booke were excellent and kept me reading. Could not put any of them down

Their Virgin Captive: Masters of Ménage: 1 (Masters of Menage)