on 25 June 2011
If you've played any of the Fluxx games you'll be instantly familiar with the basics of this game. It does have some new and interesting additions to the basic formula; cards that can be played out of turn being the most obvious.

If you have never played a Fluxx game then this is as good a place to start as any. They are easy games to learn as all the rules are on the cards! They are fun and based just as much on luck as judgement.

How do you know when you're a pirate? You just Aarrrrr (sorry).
on 3 May 2012
I bought this card game after playing it at a friends house and all of us (students) thoroughly enjoyed it. The concept behind the fluxx games is really good. As the game progresses you can add new rules including picking up or playing a different number of cards per turn or imposing a hand or keeper limit. It means you can play the game over and over and it changes every time, so it doesn't get boring.
This is the only version I have played, and I find it works very well. If the other variations work as well it is a very good game. The cards here are all pirate themed (parrot, captain's hat, plunder and booty keepers for example) and there is even a talk like a pirate card.

The only down side I can think of is occasionally, if you have really bad luck, the game can become a little one sided. There are certain cards which give you an advantage and if you collect enough of them it can be quite difficult for the other person to beat you.

Despite that, more often than not this doesn't happen and we've played this game many times since it was bought.

In terms of delivery, it arrived quickly and in good condition. No complaints.
on 7 June 2013
great game for young and old, nobody needs to read the rules ( although it helps if somebody has glanced at them)
just do exactly what it says on the card, simple.

all text is clear and unambiguous, cards are colour coded and similar cards have visual code e.g. a ships wheel for ships and all objects have clear pictures. e.g. gems, pirate hat etc.

as the game progresses all becomes clear.
on 10 November 2013
Really good with tons stuff to keep the game fun and fresh each time you play it.

I really recommend buying this or at least buy another Fluxx game (Zombie Fluxx is also good).

If you like it as much as me you can also buy a blank set of 5 cards, to write your own, creative ideas on.
on 2 November 2013
My husband loves pirates, we both love fluxx. Brilliant! We have introduced this to some of our non-game playing friends and it has proved enjoyable and easy to pick up. Game length is variable due to its very nature but always enjoyable.
on 16 March 2013
I'm a fan of the Fluxx card game, but it can get a bit repetitive after a while. This is basically the same as Fluxx, just with a different set of cards to breathe fresh life into the game.
on 18 January 2013
me and my friends played this extensivelly after we got it, its a brilliant game that you find yourself enjoying because of the randomness.
on 3 February 2013
The everchanging card game is just that. You cant really count on winning, even with all the right cards on the table :)
on 22 June 2015
Play this a lot with friends at work. Bought it for the house as a started for the kids to play. Too complicated for the 6 year old, but my 8 year old can play it with me. The wife has finally got it and enjoy playing it.The fluxx games are good fun and the pirate one is a good laugh - Zombie next i think.
Only gets 4 stars cause my 8 year old beat me on our 3rd game!
So essentially it is 5 but i'm still huffing.
on 11 April 2013
Bought this to play with my niece and it's been a huge hit -even though she flatly refuses to talk like a pirate