Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 March 2012
I have only had this book a week or so and keep dipping into it. It gives all the information I wanted to know about. Well named a Masterclass for Knitters. It's the first book to make sense of working with and adapting a schematic. It totally demystifies blocking. The pictures and illustrations are really clear. I know I will be referring to it again and again.
on 11 July 2012
I bought this book because I was looking for some instruction on getting that professional finish on my hand knitting. I was very disappointed to find that the book showed virtually nothing on good seams, tidy buttonholes or techniques that a professional uses. In one section of the book she actually stated that she 'hardly ever blockes her work'! Anyone who knits with pure wool will realise the madness of this statement!! There are large sections of the book dedicated to sewing organza bows onto a cardigan and sewing embellishments on to knitting. This was not what I bought the book for. Overall, it took me 5 minutes to realise I would be sending the book back!
33 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2012
I purchased this book as I wanted to finish my knitted garments professionally, but it is the same as the knitters bible which I already own, but the knitters bible was easier to follow and less fuss to follow, good if you do not own a book already to finish your knitted garments
on 6 November 2013
I have been knitting since I was a wee child (yes really!) Taught by a grandmother who insisted that I master all the crafts of the home maker's arts (therefore darning, sewing, crochet, knitting etc, etc, etc) I thought that after 50+ yrs of knitting that I was proficient and an expert in this craft. How wrong I was! This book taught me things that I never knew, has given my work a finish of such professionalism that I am now knitting to order for others, who are not family or friends! WOW! Yep! I started a new career in my 60's!!! and all due to this wonderful book. If you love knitting, then buy this book - it's an absolute eye opener!!!
on 7 May 2014
As at least one reviewer says, this is not about finishing techniques. It is more of a pattern book which is fine if you want to make any of the rather odd garments featured but pretty useless if you don't. There may be gems of information hidden in the patterns but I would have preferred the techniques such as they are (and with very few photographs) to be organised separately.
Going to return it.
on 19 June 2012
This is a must-have for all knitters, not least because Deborah Newton emphasises that good finish begins with good planning. Very clear diagrams, photos and written explanations, variations and suggestions and a selection of patterns to try out make this an invaluable aid to the serious garment-creator or would-be knitwear designer.
on 21 October 2013
I have enjoyed reading this book, I normally skim through this type of book but this has some good ideas in. I have been trying out the different stitches and have planned to try some of the projects.

Arrived promptly, well packaged. Will use this seller again
on 17 June 2013
Although a good book it could have had more actual knitting techniques in the content.
There was a lot of content that would have probably have suited other readers but they were not what I was really looking for. Did find some very useful information in the book.
on 3 March 2013
This is one of th emost beautiful books I've ever bought. Its asethically very pleasing and a joy to read. Its probably the first time I've ever been keen to finish a jumper, and she's given me lots of ideas that iI'm keen to try. Its easy to follow, got lots of useful tips and plenty of projects. I think it would make an excellent present for any keen knitter.
on 8 June 2012
My only slight gripe with this book is that the patterns are quite old fashioned as I'm into contemporary knitting. That said I know this is a resource tool and not a pattern book so I'm happy with it as such. I'm new to blocking and this book has definitely helped.