Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 February 2012
Beautifully illustrated book. Loads of great ideas. Really pleased with this purchase. The decorative borders in this book could transform any knitted piece into something really special.
on 2 April 2011
Really enjoyed this as it gave me lots of encouragement to develop my own ideas, but enough different edges to work from the book and adapt to my own patterns.
on 24 November 2011
This book would be more appealing and user-friendly if it included charts for the patterns rather than sticking to long-winded verbal descriptions that are tedious to follow.

Other than that, a wealth of different (but sometimes very similar looking) borders. Some of them seem to be repeats from other books by the same author. I also own her "Knitted Embellishments" and "Knitting Beyond the Edge", and I'm not sure yet that this book has been a valuable addition to them.
on 7 April 2013
I bought this book expecting to be able to use the edgings to vary a standard knitting pattern for my granddaughters. Although there are a few that could be used, and a few more that could with some planning be used, most are worked over too many stitches to prove effective on small children's garments. Sadly, therefore, although I have spent quite some time looking at this book, it has not been used to knit anything.
on 12 December 2011
Great ideas and lots to inspire but have found a few pattern errors, these have been fairly easy to correct but less experienced knitters may struggle.
on 19 October 2015
Bought for my Mum for her birthday - this is a well laid out book with clear images and grouped sections for different border styles. The instructions were far less detailed than I expected, but my Mum is happy with it so this is not as much of a negative as it could have been!

Delivery was also not as fast as I'd have liked, but it got to me in good condition and you can't beat the value.
on 29 September 2012
I have 2 other books from Nicky Epstein and they are all beautifully produced, with clear instructions and close up photographs so you can see what the samples should look like. There are examples of how to use the different edges, just in case you are stuck for ideas! This book is suitable for beginners and more advanced knitters alike. This would make a beautiful present for a knitting fanatic.
on 26 July 2011
Suitable for experienced knitters looking to customise, otherwise it's really an extension to a stitch directory.
Interesting, good photos. Going to be a while before I use it I think, other than just to look at the pictures.
Doesn't inspire me to buy any others in the series though.
on 13 May 2011
Great book lots of inspiration. It would suit all people looking for inspiration to alter or design their own garments. Why didn't I buy it sooner?
on 18 May 2013
this book is totally inspirational.I have never seen so many edging techniques.also the projects for each category(ribbing,frills etc)are all very cool.this is a very welcome addition to my library