5.0 out of 5 stars Fallen for Mr Darcy all over again!
I had to stay up last night (until one in the morning!) to finish this book! I absolutely loved it! I have always been nervous about reading a sequel/'what if' story to my favourite novel Pride and Prejudice, but I am so glad that I did!

Published 19 months ago by Sophie

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, but some language problems...
I quite enjoyed this, but I found the overuse of certain words, such as ‘spewing’, a bit distracting. I enjoyed the Mr Bennett twist, though it seems rather out of character.
Published 5 months ago by HSteell

5.0 out of 5 stars Fallen for Mr Darcy all over again!, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Falling for Mr. Darcy (Paperback)

The story was amazing! It was so clever how it all linked in different ways to the original story! I kept thinking 'Oh this is like what happened to Jane, but its happeneing to Lizzy!' or such like. How the different quotes from the novel, film and series were incorporated was very clever! Seeing the use of 'it is tolerable but not handsome enough to tempt me' in a completely different sense was great (and many other similar examples!)

One of my favourite scenes was how the classic verbal sword fight between Lady Catherine and Lizzy changed to between Lady Catherine and Darcy! That was fun to read!

But, my favourite thing of all had to be Darcy! It was great to see the charming, playful and caring side to him so much quicker than you do in the original novel. The conversations between Darcy and Lizzy were great to read - so funny and playful, and quite flirtatious at times! It made me smile every time they were with each other!

I really have fallen for Mr Darcy all over again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect..., 16 Feb 2013
I really liked this p&p variation, I have become somewhat obsessed with reading them recently after discovering Pamela Aiden's works which were also almost perfect. K L Mackroy stuck to JA's writing style for most of the book, sadly however when she gets over excited her colloquial Americanisms tend to slip through; which can be quite jarring when you are pleasantly immersed in regency England.

But she can be forgiven for having delivered a truly fascinating, insightful and innovative variant of this marvellous tale that we all love. Elizabeth and Darcy remain the pivotal characters of the story but she cast Mr Bennet in a whole new light, certainly in a manner I would never have conceived of, which was simply genius.

This author delivered a well crafted and engaging tale full of truly romantic tension, without resting on tired smutty references. I would whole hearted recommend this purchase and would,have given it a 5 star perfect rating had she been just a little bit more disciplined.

5.0 out of 5 stars A romantic joy!, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Falling for Mr. Darcy (Paperback)
As a Janeite, I was highly sceptical to this book (as a matter of fact, to any adaptation of my belowed Jane Austen's works). But what a joy! This is everything Jane isn't telling us in her books: All the romantic thoughts and actions of Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy, and the building of their romance in a kind of plausible, implausible way:-) The plot has a new twist and the text is full of humour, and still we get all the well known romantic end results. A book for dark evenings, in front of the fire, with a nice cup of tea....

KaraLynne Macrory has also written Bluebells in the mourning, and if you (like me) can't get enough of Miss Bennet and Mr. Darcy, here's another treat for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 13 Sep 2013
This review is from: Falling for Mr. Darcy (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book - lovely courtship between Darcy and Elizabeth. Looking forward to reading the author's next book. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lavender and sunshine, 3 Sep 2013
I enjoyed this witty little variation on Pride and Prejudice with it's many comic moments.

The story begins with Elizabeth, who out for one her walks manages to sprain her ankle and is rescued by none other than Mr. Darcy. A lovely little love story follows with many magic lines, one of my favourite being 'her scent was a mixture of lavender and sunshine'.

Mr Bennet has come good in this version, which is a nice deviation from the original story, although I do feel heartily sorry for Mary who always seems to get the bum deal.

All in all though this is a nice story and well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply charming, 28 April 2013
I've read quite a few sequels and alternative versions of Jane Austen's works and found this the most enjoyable so far. Where others are full of plot twists and misunderstandings that leave you anxious as to whether the truth will out, this is enjoyable throughout, the characters are charming and it's such a lovely read. Mr Bennett is a hero and the relationships are heart-warmingly tangible. I will definitely be reading this again

5.0 out of 5 stars I did fall for this Darcy!, 7 April 2013
I really enjoyed this book.
It has several scenes I always like to read in these P&P books, but that I seldom find. It is very romantic without a lack of propriety, and Elizabeth is in love with Mr Darcy during most part of the book which is also great. Their love is strong, intense and captivating.
There are not many misunderstandings between Lizzie and Darcy in this book as it is a more romantic version, but nonetheless interesting. It even has some very interesting twists, especially those related to Mr. Bennet.
Elizabeth continues to be very teasing and humorous, and even Mr. Bennet and Darcy develop a very delightful sense of humor.
I recommend it to everyone who enjoyed Pride and Prejudice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Falling for Mr Darcy, 4 Feb 2013
I enjoyed this book, the story was very good I would recommend this book to anyone and will be reading it again myself

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 2 July 2014
I love this book, but think I enjoyed Karalynne Mackrory's other 2 books slightly more, all 3 are worth reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Falling for Mr Darcy, 23 Jun 2014
What excellent alternative to the original. This was truly a real love story full of angst and of course love. I particularly liked the way that Darcy became more the lover than he has been portrayed in other novels. I can't wait to read more from this author.

Falling for Mr. Darcy
Falling for Mr. Darcy by Karalynne Mackrory (Paperback - 1 May 2012)
8.50