4.0 out of 5 stars I didn’t but it did make for a good review of what I already knew, 19 July 2014
Barbara Rhoades "Jackie of all Trades" (O'Fallon, MO USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Quilting-on-the-go: Taking it Further (Paperback)
I was all set for a new way to quilt on the go. Then I found out that this book is really about quilt AS you go. I have been doing that for many years and I thought I might learn a new technique. I didn’t but it did make for a good review of what I already knew.

There are a dozen projects including table runners, table toppers and quilts. There are over 50 pages on how to get started with this technique. It even includes how to make a string quilt from your scraps.

The projects have a colored photo of the finished item and a small paragraph about it to begin the instructions. Finished block and item size are listed. Fabric requirements and cutting lists are set off in a colored box.

Graphics are included with the written instructions to make sure you are on the right path. If templates are needed, they are included at full size so no need to run out to the copier.

The book ends with a two paragraph bio of the author. I always love to read about who wrote the book. If you are new to this technique, this would be a good book to add to your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Quilting-on-the-go: Taking it Further (Paperback)
I have been on a few workshops with carolyn and I love her books........quilting on the go is a more manageable way of making quilts....I love the border ideas and the way the book has been put together.

Quilting-on-the-go: Taking it Further
Quilting-on-the-go: Taking it Further by Carolyn Forster (Paperback - 28 April 2014)