5.0 out of 5 stars REMINDED ME OF STARGATE IN PLACES-- BUT BETTER
I had to think of the movie Stargate after reading this book. I checked the copyright date and realized Doherty had written this well before the movie which was interesting. I thought the ending was a great twist. Why does the biggest rock in the world sit in the middle of the Australian outback anyway? Very enjoyable and interesting.
Published on 23 Aug 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Very entertaining - too many errors
This book, as well as the area 51 books, is a very entertaining read. Mr. Doherty (Mayer) spins a good tail. There are a few mistakes in the book, however, that are distracting (I won't ruin it for you, they are worth looking for.) I recommend this book if you like a good story and don't get put off by mistakes.
Published on 15 Feb 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable book, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Rock (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more books from Bob Mayer. I was enthralled and enjoyed it immensley.

2.0 out of 5 stars REAL REVIEWS !, 31 Aug 2011
SIMMO (London.GB.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Rock (Kindle Edition)
Ten 5 star reviews from the same person (people) MAYBE........ Just who is this Mr or Ms A.C anyway.Plus a 1 star entry. Please make up your mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting-- lots of action with some deeper issues, 1 Dec 1998
This review is from: The Rock (Mass Market Paperback)
Had a heck of a good time reading this book. Got it after reading this author's Area 51 books. In some ways enjoyed this even more. If you want action woven in with science fiction, check this one out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I ever Read!, 10 July 1998
This review is from: The Rock (Mass Market Paperback)
this is an amazing book from beginning to end. It has everything in it: Action, Sci-Fi, Government Conspiracys, Military, etc. If you like anything from Tom Clancy, You'll Love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars BETTER THAN AREA 51, 30 Aug 1998
This review is from: The Rock (Mass Market Paperback)
I liked AREA 51 but this was even better. I thought the story was going one way, then all of sudden it changed. Awesome ending. Wonder if there will be a sequel to this book?

1.0 out of 5 stars Seems like anything can get published these days., 28 Oct 1998
This review is from: The Rock (Mass Market Paperback)
I'm an avid science fiction reader and English teacher. This book is poorly written, the plot jumps around and is unresolved at the end, and the characters are poorly developed. I wonder who actually wrote all these reviews on the book? My husband, a History Professor, threw it in the trash can at about page 100. I really think this book is a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars AREA 51, THE OMEGA MISSILE, what else?, 17 Aug 1998
This review is from: The Rock (Mass Market Paperback)
I've checked this author's web site out and he's written these books and many more. Glad I've found them. Plus he's got a book coming out on Atlantis next year. Can't wait. This book reminded me a lot of Stargate but with a better ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great science fiction with lots of action, 28 Jan 1999
This review is from: The Rock (Mass Market Paperback)
The story was fast enough to keep me riveted while the backdrop was fascinating. Great read,

4.0 out of 5 stars I thought it was a pretty cool book., 10 Aug 1998
This review is from: The Rock (Mass Market Paperback)
Liked it! It was an easy one day read that kept me entertained the whole day.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is entertaining and it makes you think., 12 Feb 1999
This review is from: The Rock (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the best story I've ever read. It's good because the story is entertaining. I read this book in 4 1/2 hours. I couldn't put it down. I love his Are 51 books, but I definatly think that this story was superior. I'd love a sequal, but the ending didn't seem to lead to another. I guess I can just hope! Jesse

The Rock
The Rock by Bob Mayer (Paperback - 16 Nov 2012)