5.0 out of 5 stars Truly excellent authentic cookbook, 10 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Shamrock and Peach: A Culinary Journey from the North of Ireland to the American South (Hardcover)
This is a truly amazing cookbook with the added bonus of being a beautiful photographic publication of the Ulster area. The photography is breathtaking and the recipes both delicious and authentic. Coming from the area myself, this book has ignited many childhood memories, both visually and culinary. The recipes are easy to follow and make. The book is an excellent gift for those still in Ireland or those like me who have left.

5.0 out of 5 stars A true collection of Irish recipes, 26 Dec 2011
I was delighted to find this book and I have given it as a gift to my mother this Christmas. She is originally from the same area as the author and she enjoyed reading the short stories that accompany each recipe. The author seems to be a gifted wordsmith as well as a gifted cook. Although I'm not a cook myself, I look forward to tasting some of my mother's creations, particularly the 'Country Butter Irish Fudge' recipe. The enticing pictures remind me of my grandmother's cooking in Ireland and I look forward to hearing more from Judith McLoughlin in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adore this book!, 8 Mar 2013
I bought this book as I knew it was going to be diffrent and when I say diffrent I mean in what the recipe content is! I wasent disapointed! I will use this book again and again....love how its laid out and the photos of Ireland and America! well done Judith McLoughlin

17.83