on 1 February 2010
Excellent introduction to AP for those new to it and equally helpful to parents already practicing AP as it reaffirms their approach in a helpful and insightful way. This is a warm and welcoming book, with excellent referencing and use of scientific-based research material. In line with the API approach this book covers the main principles of a close nurturing relationship including breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby-wearing and NVC (Non-violent communication). It does not cover things such as nappy-free, alternative nutrition, vaccinations etc and as such is a very uncontroversial book with the emphasis on how to be close to your child and how to make this as enjoyable and realistic for the family as a whole. There are lots of books on AP, I have found this one to be a the most helpful. Highly recommended.
on 22 February 2011
Reading this book really made me feel more confident about my parenting choices. It is very easy to go along with the mainstream, but I as many mothers do felt instinctively that I should be caring for my baby in an alltogether more loving and caring way than is promoted by many parenting books. The 8 principles provide a foundation on which you can build your own parenting style, without the book being too pushy. I would recommend this book to first time mothers.
on 17 March 2014
For all advocates of gentle parenting and positive discipline, this book is a must. It gives you great advice and support to go with your natural instincts and parent your baby and child in a more loving attached way. It goes into depth at all 8 principles of attachment parenting and dispels myths too. A book I will be referring to again and again.