This was one of the first books I read about Autism, and one of the best so far!

Ellen's style is chatty, and I found the book a good read - it flowed well, and the advice it contained is just what I need!

As the parent of two children who have grown up and done well at what they have tried for, it gives me hope for my son's future!

This...
Published 24 months ago by S. Keene-elliott

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read.
Very good and well done Bryce and his mum but a lot of this book does not really apply to those children who are more severely affected by autism!!!
Published 13 months ago by jude

5.0 out of 5 stars As the parent of a newly-diagnosed child with autism, this is really useful!, 2 May 2013
S. Keene-elliott (Croydon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes You Knew: Updated and Expanded Edition (Paperback)

This is one book which I will gladly recommend to any parent with a newly-diagnosed child with autism - it's a great starter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its Like a Light Has Been Switched On, 11 Nov. 2013
This book is a must have for parents that have a child with Autism or anyone dealing or working with a child that has the condition. My son is three and has Autism and i can honestly say that this book has helped me so much to understand the nature of the condition and more importantly how to deal with certain situations. It equips you with the a perspective from the flip side of the coin and opens your eyes to what really matters and more importantly what you need to know. It can be a tough read at times but thoroughly worth it...don't hesitate its fantastic and really inspiring

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten things every child wishes you known about autism., 24 April 2013
My son has autism. This book is so good, it changed my way of thinking about autism. Get the book, it will change yours and your child's life. Very helpful on how to handle your child when he or she is having a meltdown. I could go on and on, get the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten things every child with autism wishes you to know, 13 Jan. 2013
Very good informative book we as grandparents will read again and again very helpful to us and our family and friends

5.0 out of 5 stars For every parent who has a child on the spectrum.........., 25 Jan. 2014
I have the original edition of this book and just had to have the extended edition. It is quite frankly the best book I have ever brought and is my absolute bible for helping me understand and bring up my child who is on the spectrum. I have shared it with all my family and some professionals to help everyone have a better understanding of my child. I cannot recommend this book enough, I have laughed, cried and become a better parent for reading this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Summary Review, 5 April 2014
An excellent book giving an insight into autism from the childs view. Simply put a real eye opener and was recommended to me by a friend who is a GP and works with children and families affected by autism. I would recommend it to anyone. It makes you reconsider your approach and rethink your attitude towards others. Areal gem of a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book everyone should read, 13 April 2013
This book has lifted the lid on learning knew insights about my children. In the short time they have been diagnosed I have become a different person. They aren't naughty any more, they have autism and that makes such a huge difference. I can now begin to understand them and love them more than ever before. We are now on the right path and hopefully with guidance my children will become wonderful adults. This is a wonderful and inspiring book. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Start here - easy to read and absorb, 1 Nov. 2013
I would recommend this to anyone who has the privilege of knowing a child with autism or any learning difficulty actually. What better place to start than from the child's perspective.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant eye opener!, 21 Nov. 2013
Moomah (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having a son aged 3 recently diagnosed and having read a lot of books and pages on the internet, I was really looking forward to this and it did not disappoint! It has been invaluable to my husband and our family in trying to understand how our little man may be thinking. We all had lightbulb moments reading it, and it was particularly useful for family members having difficulty accepting and understanding the diagnosis. Very beneficial for all families and carers of little ones on the spectrum.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book excellently written, 18 Feb. 2014
Tony (Greystones,Ireland) - See all my reviews
Any parent, or anybody who knows a parent of an autistic child, should read/recommend this book. It's written from experience, doesn't preach, and is full of of reasonable and practical wisdom which has come rom working with the author's own autistic child. I can't recommend this book too highly to anybody who has or is involved in any way with anybody who has an autistic child.