5.0 out of 5 stars Truly healing
A beautiful book of simple, yet powerful, techniques - written by someone who has suffered and who knows how to transform suffering into joy. A real treasure.
Published on 12 Dec 2010 by Helen

3.0 out of 5 stars Your choice
This book focuses on a Budist philosophy of healing. This may not be to everybodys taste. It certainly wasn't to mine and I found myself being more irritated and locked out by it than helped, but I can see it may help others and I hope it does, but I would look at other approaches before buying to find what suits you best. Good luck!
Published on 8 Jan 2012 by M. Soulsby

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly healing, 12 Dec 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Another masterpiece from Thay, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child (Paperback)
This book is the most transformative book I have read on the Buddhist subject. If I knew what it would contain for me before hand, I would gladly have paid 1000 for it. I have been struggling with depression for several years after a serious sickness and my father's death, and my subsequent divorce. I have read several books of Thay's and they are all fantastic. This in particular made it possible for me to access the pain I have been feeling. It concerns the compassion for self and others, like the Tonglen meditation tradition. But to enter into this form of meditation you must have compassion for yourself first, or you will not be able to bear other peoples pain as well. He addresses methods for gaining the insight into your own suffering and how to use compassion to transform it.

4.0 out of 5 stars my review/my inner child review, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child (Paperback)
generally speaking I loved this book. I loved the calmness that came over me as i read his words and i loved the peaceful messages that were conveyed. I did...at points...feel that i was being 'spoken' to as if i were a child...and then i thought that perhaps thats was because parts of the book was speaking directly to, or tapping into, my inner child. Something to ponder! This book made me want to go to Plum Village in France and be surrounded with mindfulness...

5.0 out of 5 stars Inner Child healing and peace making, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child (Paperback)
I've not quite finished this brilliant book, but it's a true treasure that landed through my post box at Christmas time. Unpatronising, simple yet compassionatly Thich Nhat Hanh touches one's very inner core where what ever hurt or injury can be healed and released. A beautiful and pragmatic piece or writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 14 Oct 2012
Byronic (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child (Paperback)
This book is full of great wisdom and logic yet presented in simple, everyday language.
Whenever Buddhist terms are used it is almost as an aside (they could be edited out with no great loss) the message and meanings given priority.
Please do not be deterred by the title, the subject matter is more concerned with reconciling our own, individual place in the Universe than the usual definition of "Reconciliation."
There seems to me to be nothing here which would be contradictory to Christianity or any other religion.
I found it so charming and so deep that I have re-read it several times and am now planning to give it for everyone I love for Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars wise and great, 7 Oct 2013
Marguy Krier - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child (Paperback)
Reading this, I understood completely, convincingly and all at once why not to send my inner child unheard back "downstairs" any more. A favourite and definitely helpful book to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and thought provoking, 16 Dec 2013
I ordered this book for something different to read, It was certainly that. I learned some new things. really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 16 Nov 2013
As always Thich Nhat Hanh's simple, clear,kind wisdom is supportive, inspiring and helpful. His depth of understanding of Buddhist teachings is reflected on and he brings to this a depth of insight and understanding of early wounding and trauma in a way that is integrating and healing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful for professionals - and you!, 7 Jun 2013
This is one of the most powerful reads ever, whether you are a professional therapist in emotional well being, or an individual 'ready' to explore your young self, who may well be influencing you today.
This a resource I will continue providing my clients, when ready and appropriate - and with guidance and support.
A wonderful gift to the world, such timeless wisdom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comforting and intelligent, excellent., 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child (Paperback)
I love and treasure this book and have given copies to friends and family who also love it and have found Thich Nhat Hanh's words healing at a deep level. About to buy yet another copy. PJ

ARRAY(0xad0de384)

Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child
Reconciliation: Healing the Inner Child by Thich Nhat Hanh (Paperback - 1 Nov 2010)