5.0 out of 5 stars An enlightening read!, 22 July 2011
Mrs. J. Hetherington (North East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Child's Mind: Mindfulness Practices to Help Our Children Be More Focused, Calm, and Relaxed (Paperback)
This wonderful book opens your mind to the processes of mindfulness and meditation. Having read this book from cover to cover in a short time I can honestly say that practising mindfulness really does change the way you think and feel for the better and enables one to see things differently. This text shows the reader how to teach children to become more mindful and I have already noticed improvements in my own children. A lovely read for all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 14 Feb. 2013
Within my work with children and young people I frequently incorporate breathing techniques, and mindfulness based interventions into my practice, particularly when working with presenting issues such as anger, depression and anxiety.

I was previously using basic interventions with young people such as body scans, mindful breaths etc, with generally positive results, and due to wishing to expand my repertoire I purchased this little book for inspiration.

It's a great resource, with a wealth of creative interventions, all designed to promote mindfulness within a child and young-people friendly format that may be used in one to one work or in groups.

As with all practical resources of this nature, each of the techniques offered may be adapted to suite your particular client demographic, but it's full of useful techniques that will undoubtedly prove valuable whatever your individual needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done!, 6 May 2013
Mrs. Al Mohandas "Passionate" (Purley, England) - See all my reviews
Loved every minute of it! Even though it is called 'A Child 's Mind', it's very helpful for each and every age. Adored this book...

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not just for kids!, 20 May 2014
Lisa (LANCASTER, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is awesome. It is he truly inspirational & whilst it's effects when implemented works wonders with children adults would be wise to take on board some of the tactics used to ease their stressful lives. Teacher, practitioner or parent give it a go you've nothing to loose & you won't be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 Aug. 2014