on 17 January 2012
I bought this product to use with my newly purchased copy of the new Times Comprehensive Atlas of the World to look at the smaller place names that are contained within its mapping pages I would like to say it does the job pefectly and I can now enjoy my atlas all the more now I particuly like the LED light feature that comes with it it complety iluminates the area i am looking at I will probably use it for other useful purposes as well a first class product I would recommend it to anyone.

Stephen Turner

Ash Green Surrey

United Kingdom
on 30 October 2012
Having bought this as a gift for my father, who has developed cataracts, I was not able to be there when he opened it. He was very pleased with it but the light did not work and there seemed no obvious reason, I tried to talk him through ideas over the phone but with his poor sight it was difficult for him to find the battery and check it. Eventually he found the battery cover and managed to open it but it took a while for him to realise that the battery was covered in plastic which needed to be removed. For people with poor eyesight this is difficult to spot. It would be good if the company included a diagram showing where the battery is to be found and pointed out that the battery needs to have it's packaging removed. By the way for anyone else having difficulties the battery cover is on the reverse of the handle. Once it was set up the magnifying glass proved to be a great help and has allowed him to read again while he is waiting for his operation.
on 15 January 2012
Good magnification. Large lens which can be illuminated. Very pleased with it.
Arrived in stated time well wrapped.What can I say, it does everything it's supposed to do.
on 27 December 2011
well made,clear view of what you are looking at.the in built light works well.avoid the plastic ones they are just awful,spend i bit more and get this one. you wont regret it.
44 comments|57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 September 2012
My dad is in his 80s and he said he was struggling to read his books so he asked me to look for a magnifier glass having looked on Amazon / ebay etc I purchased this item having read all the 5 star reviews it had been given by other purchasers and I must say my dad is very pleased with it and in particular it has a light fitted which is most helpful. it may be a bit pricier than other i looked at but it was well worth the additional money well spent.
on 30 May 2012
My eyesight is excellent, but the tiny font sizes and poor quality ink used by today's publisher's cause eye strain. This magnifying glass enables me to read with ease books which I had put to one side, having been disgusted at the quality of print.
on 10 September 2012
Many museums have similar magnifiers by the same manufacturer to examine items in display cases and I was impressed so bought this version on Amazon. It is great for examining antique maps but would be equally useful for any number of activities, particularly where a large area needs magnifying. The two times magnification lens adds a great deal of clarity while the small six times high magnification element picks out great detail - a pity really that the small lens is not slightly wider. The light is indeed mighty bright and doesn't seem to spotlight, cause glare or cast unduly obtrusive shadows. This magnifier is also easy to hold and not at all heavy.
on 20 September 2012
I can see!!! I like to paint flowers in detail and this is brilliant:) At least fine hairs on stems etc., will look like hairs now!
on 5 May 2012
Excellent - just what I was after - very little parallax distortion - the light is effective - the whole thing is even larger than I'd imagined - happily so - delighted.
on 19 September 2012
If you are reading this review you have probably found the only magnifier you'll ever need with the large glass and good magnification. This product is well made with a soft grip handle which both comfortable and none battery is slip; the glass is encased in a metal frame making a very sturdy product which should last for many years. The battery is small and the less able fingers will need help to replace this is by no means essential as works well without the light, it is a nice feature when reading in a dark corner and I was amazed what a difference it made. If you are looking for a magnifying glass to fit in to a hand bag you may want to look for something smaller. Although this product is more expensive than most, I consider it money well spent.