5.0 out of 5 stars This Helps Aspies a Lot Choose the Right Company, 9 April 2009
I should have found this book earlier! - That's how I felt soon after I encountered this book, for I have had a whole bunch of job changes and even today, I have no idea yet what kind of job suits me best. I suppose this book is a must read to know our hidden talents we haven't realized before. Of course, I know all the people between jobs want another job ASAP. However, what if you get a job which eventually might stress you out and would like to leave? Would you like to call this life pointless and boring? So I recommend you to read this book to make out how to be successful at work. And just looking for jobs after jobs means jumping the gun, if you ask me.

Speaking of Developing Talents, Dr. Temple Grandin specifies the tactics and keys to success. Quite embarrassingly enough, I blew a gasket when I answered a very rude young lady on the phone. She failed to mention her name first, which offended me quite a lot! She said,"Is Mr.S there?" very condescendingly twice, which was my last straw! After finishing my job, I complained about her terrible manner, yelling and lashing out at her. During the argument, she cried and the other employees told me,"You've gone too far! You didn't have to make her cry like this." Judging from this book, blowing up doesn't help at all. Like many people with AS, I was more impatient than most NT's, which often scare NT's, esp.,ladies. That's why "Controlling Anger"(p.21) applies to short-tempered guys like me.

Overall, I'd like to read the book thoroughly so I can gradually find my positive traits that might suit me quite well. Furthermore, dealing with this book is a chance for me to think more wisely about my life!

4.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiration, 26 Aug 2014
This review is from: Developing Talents: Careers For Individuals With Asperger Syndrome And High-functioning Autism (Paperback)
I was diagnosed late with High Functioning Autism at the age of 47. I like many others like me struggle to get established in the work place despite having a Bachelor of Science. Having a book like this is a constant reminder that I am not alone and it is useful to pick up on the experiences of others. It helps to broaden my mind to what careers could be open to me. It makes me smile and perhaps gives me light relief when I read about what other people do and realise that I could be reading about myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book!, 3 Mar 2014
For those of us on the Spectrum, this book is a wonderful read on how to make careers for ourselves. I, personally, found this book very helpful. Dr Temple Grandin shares stories about her life experiences which are also very interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Oct 2014