Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 September 2008
Wow, this book is just fantastic! From the moment I received it through the post it has been a firm fave of mine for quick 5 minute projects. The instructions are so simple my 7 year old had no trouble following them and making a keyring all by herself! The illustrations are fab and the banter between the characters is so cute! Definately one for the crafters bookshelf.
on 9 July 2008
This book is superb, so cute, even if you don't make any of the projects you will get hours of fun from looking at the pictures! Having said that, I have made some of the stuff and it turned out fab, really easy to follow instructions and I am very happy with what I have made. Easily the best craft book ever if you love cute things.
on 4 September 2009
This book is delightfuly attractive and would make a great gift for young girls, or any one who wants to create cute, character-based Japanese style gifts. Projects include book covers, bags, purses, hair accessories, scarves, etc. I found it useful as an inspirational guide, rather than following the patterns themselves, as they are very simple. The patterns can easily be adapted to make your own designs. If you are an experienced crafter, however, you might find it a bit too simple.
on 2 May 2009
Well, I think you know what to expect from the cover, and it doesn't disappoint. Lots of different projects, well explained, cute photo's and style of writing, and lovely just to flick through as it is so cheerful.
on 4 August 2009
Lovely, cute book. More ideas / projects included in book than they can fit on the front & every one is cute.
Clear, basic instructions included for sewing projects (e.g. bags / purses) so would be great for a beginner. However, there are enough original ideas for an experienced crafter to be interested in.
Definitely one for a crafter who can't devote lots of time to one project or who likes to see a quick result (so good for children too).
on 3 January 2010
I bought this book for myself and my sister and I were inspired to make some of the designs - she loved it so much that I gave it to her. She has been making cute little purses and selling them since! The instructions are simple and the ideas very cute, and can be adapted to your own style. It's a lovely book to look at too.
on 6 October 2010
I am not great at sewing but this book has answered a lot of my questions. It is written very simply and clearly and it includes patterns and pictures for every step. And it is all very cute!
I lent my sewing machine to my best friend ages ago and had to call her urgently as soon as I received the book as I felt I had to start sewing again straight away!!!
Another thing I love about this book is that I can follow the exact measurements if I wish or make up my own! Same for the fabric, you can use what you want, it is liberating!!
Wonderful and absorbing read!
on 11 April 2010
My two pre 5's love this book and have badgered me to make lots from it, so I have hidden it from their inquisitive eyes. The book is beatifully presented and the instructions very clear. This book would have had 5 but for the usual bug bear that you have to photocopy and enlarge to make the pattern templates. Projects range from easy and quick - hair bands - to slightly more tricky - bunny bags with zips, but I'd recommend it for beginners and younger sew-ers.
on 29 September 2010
This book is a great buy. when it arrived i made some of the projects straightaway, the card holder, keyrings and tissue case. not only are there instructions to make things, but further ideas to customise your creations and make them really unique. Its cute, kawaii, and a must have if you like making things quickly and easily!!! ^o^
on 7 October 2008
I bought this for my girlfriend and it is as it says full of 'cute stuff'. a lot of it is in japanese style, not quite manga but definately japanese-esque. definately worth a buy! but for me a book titled SOFTIES is a better option, i and my girlfriend prefer this, but that book is purely soft toys where as this book is an array of all sorts.