5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for athletes!
A really fresh view on training which I found inspiring even though I'm not an athlete. I was really interested in the relationship between body fat and performance. At 38pc body fat I was almost off the scale but since reading this book I have already got down to 35pc and taken 3 minutes off my slow but static Parkrun time!
Published 15 months ago by Jools

1.0 out of 5 stars no so good!
I found this book very boring i have lots of books on running and fitness, I would not recommed it for anyone looking for inspiration.
Published 14 months ago by Lisa Buckton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for athletes!, 4 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for anyone wishing to improve run performance., 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Racing Weight: How to Get Lean for Peak Performance (Paperback)
Getting older and slower I was looking for ways to slow the decline of my run performance. Following the guidelines in this book I cut out simple sugars (cake, cookies, cereals loaded with sugars, etc.) and over a period of 6 months I lost 6kgs. The rest of my diet was already pretty much in line with the book's guidelines but going 'cold turkey' on the simple sugars was a revelation. My run performances are now back to what I was doing 10 years ago and my cycling has actually improved (I'm now 53 years of age). Lots of good advice here not only about food quality but also quantity and timing (i.e. WHEN to eat and how frequently to optimise your training, racing, recovery and body composition). I thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, science based approach to nutrition for endurance racers, 29 Sep 2013
I devoured this book :-) I really liked the fact it was based on real research, not someone's pet theory. I will be re-reading it, and kick starting my goal of hitting my racing weight, based on fat percentage. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactally what i was looking for, 14 Jun 2014
As a distance runner but also serial dieter i've often neglecet my fueling needs over calorie reduction to loose weight.

However since reading this book for the first time in years i feel in control of my weight and i'm eating when hungry/stopping when full. Even more importantly my body fat is slowly dropping, i'm fueling my runs and my speed is getting better & better.

I've read a few nutrition books recently and this is the first one with something new to say. Well worth a read

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book For Amateurs Along With Pro's, 15 Nov 2013
Great book, really well written and thought through. As a really novice amateurs I first thought it would be out of my depth but its really changed my approach to food/dieting
Great for people wanting to take the weight to the next level

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Jan 2014
Informative and easy reading! Highly recommend for amateurs and pros alike. Good scientific backup to each suggestion and covers nutrition as well as training!

5.0 out of 5 stars For a begginer like me, 17 Dec 2013
who need to lose weight to train without adding too much stress for my joints and body. I like it very much, easy to understand and to apply.

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful for a 'heavy' triathlete, 11 May 2014
Framework to get focused on body fat % vs total weight and diet quality vs calories. Workable with some effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get straight to the point, 8 Jun 2014
This is the book for those who are interested in Running I wanting to improve in there performance this book takes you to the next level

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to anyone and everyone, 12 April 2014
I read this while recovering from an illness that stopped me being able to train, and used it to plan my recovery, and to keep me on track once I got there.

I have recommended this book to team members, and colleagues in Colombia and Jamaica, some of whom have gone on to hit personal bests and to feel much more confident and strong in all aspects of their training and competition.

There is a lot here that is common sense. Often we just need reminding that fads are not always based on common sense, and to be drawn back to reality. This book does just that, with a healthy dose of vigorous study for good measure.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Racing Weight: How to Get Lean for Peak Performance
Racing Weight: How to Get Lean for Peak Performance by Matt Fitzgerald (Paperback - 15 Jan 2013)
11.89