5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Easy Cook for a Busy Trainer
I ama cycling but who races and was struggling finding out what was easy to make that was tasty.

I work full-time and cram my training into evenings & weekends so I need decent food that I can make and eat quickly, or that will store. This book has both!

Published on 11 Jun. 2012 by Martin Giles

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap!
Published on 7 Dec. 2012 by cyclingmad

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Easy Cook for a Busy Trainer, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: The Feed Zone Cookbook: Fast and Flavorful Food for Athletes (Hardcover)

The book is broken down into breakfast, portables (yes, even good food for on the bike), apres, dinner & deserts. The recipies are simple to follow and not full of obscure things you can only find in supermarkets in a Thailand backstreet.

I would recommend this to anyone who is training and anyone who wants to eat a lot more healthier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on for my needs, 2 Sept. 2013
I borrowed the book from a friend & it was just what I needed so I bought a copy of my own & now using it everyday for great, wholesome food

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, original recipes, 1 Jun. 2013
Technoquest (Buckinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I heard about this book from reading the blog of a champion cyclist. I thought it was worth taking a punt.

The book is well-organised. Many of the ride snacks are really good. The post ride and dinner suggestions are really good. What I like is the authors combine ingredients in interesting ways to create very tasty and enjoyable meals. We have a vegetarian in our family and the veggie options in this book work really well - her carnivore brother eats them without compliant, which is a high compliment.

In addition to a great selection of recipes, there are some good explanations of food science and nutrition for athletes and some really useful hints and tips.

4.0 out of 5 stars tasty little cook book, 25 Sept. 2012
this is what i expected... a great wee book with lots of interesting easy and really healthy options for eating and staying on top...

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap!, 7 Dec. 2012
As i train 7 days a week, for triathlons, i thought this book would be perfect for me. I already eat to support my training but wanted some recipe ideas as im bored of eating the same stuff. The book has a repeatative problem. Pancakes with this, pancakes with that. The same recipes with slight variations and to be honest, who dosent know how to cook pancakes?! It also has a major sway towards sausage and bacon. A large portion of the recipies contain sausage or bacon, now as someone who pays an intrest in nutrition, i know that the body cant process pork very well, its also extremely fattening, why its in nearly every recipe its baffling. The use of fruit and vegetables in this book is limited. I cant see how the recipes are either nutrionally balanced or suitable for athletes!!! I wouldnt recommend this book to athletes or anybody else.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 20 April 2013
very good recipes for cyclists.
food before, during and after a ride.
easy to make snacks for taking on a ride.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy cooking for cyclists and other athletes, 4 Mar. 2013
Simple and easy cooking for cyclists and other athletes.
American style cooking book so the only negative point could be that some of the ingredients are not that easy to find.
So that will be the challenge in the next couple of weeks :-)

Marc

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple food that is easy and very tasty, 25 July 2012
I bought this book based on a recommendation and write up on a cycling blog I frequent, and I am so glad I did. Not only has the meals in our house improved in quality and flavour, the enjoyment of cooking rather than opening jars for a quick meal is worth so much more.
The best thing about the book though I find is the ease at which the ingredients are easily available and the meals themselves are so simple to do that they can be prepared after a long day at work, and you feel like you are eating real food.

I love this book and it is used most nights so get stuck in enjoy the theory and write up but even more enjoy the food

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes for Hard Work & Play, 2 July 2012
I really enjoyed reading this book & looking at all the wonderful photos, the recipes are healthy, wholesome, and combine a sweet & savoury variety that satisfy's my palette. In addition to this book I also highly recommend Muscle Building Cookbook: Quick & Easy Healthy Meals to Burn Fat and Gain Muscle: 1 because it has a great collection of healthy tasty meals. The book Feed Zone Cookbook is nicely laid out and recommends using simple ingredients available in most supermarkets, the dishes are East meets West without the added fat, chef Biju doesn't use fancy food names. Overall, this book doesn't disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars Workout Food, 13 Nov. 2012
Great health eating cook book for people who do endurance sports. Recipes are easy to follow and good tips on pre planing meals . I found it very usefull and hope its helps my goals next year with my bike/running events.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›