5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality
Fantastic book. Will save me money in the future, being new to mountain biking. I was a runner but being the wrong side of 40 my knees are not so good on the impact side. The book explains everything about mountain bikes and the repairs that will be required due to novice riding it also covers the servicing that all bikes need to keep them going.
Published on 12 Mar. 2011 by DavidG

3.0 out of 5 stars Too wordy
I've owned this book for about 3 years and have used it a lot as I get more into my biking and bike maintenance. It recently struck me that this book is not actually all that great! It does have some great exploded diagrams that have been very useful for working on wheel bearings and gears. Beyond this though the book is very average and other books I've scanned...
Published on 15 Mar. 2011 by Laurire P. Neale

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 12 Mar. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
this book has saved me plenty of money by helping me prevent me damaging my bike in inexpert attempts to maintain it. i've changed my chainset, bottom bracket, re-run cables, fitted a chain, and even changed out the whole frame since buying this book. Very happy indeed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable book but misses some of the detail and shares lots with the road bike version., 4 May 2014
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
I've purchased this book for some mountain bike specific maintenance as I already had the road bike version, unfortunately having got this version I'm finding that there is lots of duplication between the two books and not enough detail on some of the topics I would like to see in a mountain bike book which would be things like maintaining suspension shocks which is covered but very briefly for a few specific types.

The book itself is a good broad guide to bike repair and maintenance although it does lack detail in some areas so as your ability grows the book may not give you all that you need.

If you already have the road bike edition then searching online is probably better than using this book, what I would like to see would be a "Zinn and the complete book of bike maintenance" which covers both road and mountain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value - clear explanations, 10 Mar. 2011
Dr. Pr Beal - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
This is a very good book for the budding garage bicycle mechanic. It gives very clear explanations and good line diagrams. Some photos would be nice but this would clearly bump up the price. I would highly recommend this guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply the Best, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
I teach bike maintenance and repair and service bikes, this book is simple to follow and authoritative, I recomend this and the road bicycle book as the best out their.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maintenance Masterclass, 14 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
Good book for beginners and experienced DIY cycle mechanics. The use of drawings instead of photographs helps with the detail and cuts out confusing backgrounds.
Although it refers to some american maufacurers of special tool etc, don't be put off, as all the tooling can be sourced in th UK.
Deals with all the components of your mountain bike(and their variations very comprehensively).
Great buy, will save you money in the long run. Cheers Josh

5.0 out of 5 stars Zinn is an Excellent book, 21 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
My husband has found this to be easy to understand with clear diagrams and explanations.
This is the second book in his collection and together they provide most of the knowledge needed to maintain the family bicycles!
He definitely recommends this book for anyone, be they amateur or professional!

5.0 out of 5 stars Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
A very useful book for the novice with plenty of information on the new components for MTB's.
It helps you understand a bit more about how things work and how you can tweak them to your own specification.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has a modern/new MTB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great must have mtb book, 12 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
This is a great book and money saver for any keen mountain biker, everything is well explained, you'll find yourself with more confidence to tackle jobs that you'd normally pay a lbs for. A must have as no one at a lbs will take as much care as yourself with you're pride & joy

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 18 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
I have come to MBT in my mid life crisis. This book gives me confidence to tacke the easy and medium tasks I need to perform.

Easy to read and already my book has oily finger prints.

Also useful to show you what tasks your bike repair shop should tackle as I do not have all the tools.

Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance by Lennard Zinn (Paperback - 1 Dec. 2010)