5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality
Fantastic book. Will save me money in the future, being new to mountain biking. I was a runner but being the wrong side of 40 my knees are not so good on the impact side. The book explains everything about mountain bikes and the repairs that will be required due to novice riding it also covers the servicing that all bikes need to keep them going.
Published on 12 Mar 2011 by DavidG

3.0 out of 5 stars Too wordy
Published on 15 Mar 2011 by Laurire P. Neale

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 12 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
this book has saved me plenty of money by helping me prevent me damaging my bike in inexpert attempts to maintain it. i've changed my chainset, bottom bracket, re-run cables, fitted a chain, and even changed out the whole frame since buying this book. Very happy indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value - clear explanations, 10 Mar 2011
Dr. Pr Beal - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
This is a very good book for the budding garage bicycle mechanic. It gives very clear explanations and good line diagrams. Some photos would be nice but this would clearly bump up the price. I would highly recommend this guide.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too wordy, 15 Mar 2011
Laurire P. Neale (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
I've owned this book for about 3 years and have used it a lot as I get more into my biking and bike maintenance. It recently struck me that this book is not actually all that great! It does have some great exploded diagrams that have been very useful for working on wheel bearings and gears. Beyond this though the book is very average and other books I've scanned through, such as the Haynes bike manual, look much better in my opinion.

Perhaps my biggest criticism is the amount of words Mr Zinn uses, simply an unnecessary volume. This book is huge and the majority of it is words for the sake of words and not technical guidance.

I loved it to begin with but less of a fan as I've gotten more experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zinn is an Excellent book, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
My husband has found this to be easy to understand with clear diagrams and explanations.
This is the second book in his collection and together they provide most of the knowledge needed to maintain the family bicycles!
He definitely recommends this book for anyone, be they amateur or professional!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable book but misses some of the detail and shares lots with the road bike version., 4 May 2014
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
I've purchased this book for some mountain bike specific maintenance as I already had the road bike version, unfortunately having got this version I'm finding that there is lots of duplication between the two books and not enough detail on some of the topics I would like to see in a mountain bike book which would be things like maintaining suspension shocks which is covered but very briefly for a few specific types.

The book itself is a good broad guide to bike repair and maintenance although it does lack detail in some areas so as your ability grows the book may not give you all that you need.

If you already have the road bike edition then searching online is probably better than using this book, what I would like to see would be a "Zinn and the complete book of bike maintenance" which covers both road and mountain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
A very useful book for the novice with plenty of information on the new components for MTB's.
It helps you understand a bit more about how things work and how you can tweak them to your own specification.
I would recommend this book to anyone who has a modern/new MTB.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply the Best, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
I teach bike maintenance and repair and service bikes, this book is simple to follow and authoritative, I recomend this and the road bicycle book as the best out their.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reference book for beginners, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
This book is brilliant for me - as a beginner to mountain bike maintenance, it gives me the information and explanations I need to better understand my bike. And overall it's just an interesting read for those who love bikes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance (Paperback)
Excellent book full of useful information. With full diagrams and step by step instruction.
Well worth it.
Absolutely invaluable for repairing your bike whether your an expert or a novice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
Zinn and the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance by Lennard Zinn (Paperback - 1 Dec 2010)
15.29