5.0 out of 5 stars Now I understand...
I've been printing photographs for many years, but after moving from the darkroom to the digital world I've been constantly frustrated. This book is the first that I've found that makes managing colours and printers understandable, and my prints now work... mostly! Thoroughly recommended.
Published on 19 Oct 2007 by A. Glowinski

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much theory, too much branding.
I hoped for more guidance on which type of papers work best for different uses/prints, but just saw long technical explanations on what the papers are composed of. Certainly didn't need the photo editing points either.
Published on 24 Sep 2012 by Marc Tomas

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much theory, too much branding., 24 Sep 2012
It seems that the authors have mainly used Epson printers and dabbled with HP because they were basically the only printers they referred to. Not much help.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless., 23 Oct 2008
Daniel Done "Dan1el." (uk) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book to gain a further insight into the ' how to ' method of producing fine output.
An utter waste of money and MY time spent reading it - you can gain more from browsing your printers quick start guide.
The book has been heavily ' padded out ' with Photo Shop lessons to make it a more veritible tome but the content is poor and does not assist in producing a high quality print.
It should have been proof enough that the prints inside the book were of low quality and in some instances the differance between inital photo and print were indiscernable.
I actually gave this away after 4 days - the person I gave it to told they binned it 3 days later.
This book is a complete let down from start to finish and in no way is up to the standard of the other books in this range from the rockynook house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I understand..., 19 Oct 2007
A. Glowinski (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fine Art Printing for Photographers: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine Art Printing for Photographers, 17 Jan 2011
Fine Art Printing for Photographers: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers, 2nd Edition.
If you are wising to produce Exhibition Quality Prints but don't have the necessary knowledge, This is the book for you.
The book covers a vast range of topics including, Printer choice, Printing techniques, Color Management, Black and White Printing, Paper Choices, Print Evaluation, Monitor Calibration.
The book also contains lots of very easy to understand, How to tutorials on Photoshop image manipulation and printing techniques.
This book offers superb value for money for the wealth of information within.
A MUST BUY book on printing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, 21 Jun 2010
J. Gerhold - See all my reviews
I actually returned this book as it was not what I was hoping it would be. I was loking for a book which would give me guidance and tips on how to achieve the best Fine Art printing and I found this to be to technical for what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars INK JET PRINTING, 17 April 2012
Barri Elford "bas" (wales) - See all my reviews
VERY GOOD BOOK THOUGH I THINK A LITTLE BIT OUT OF DATE, BUT AN INTERESTING READ FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN GETTING THE BEST FROM AN INJET PRINTER. THE SECTION ABOUT PRINTING R.I.PS. WAS GOOD AND INFORMATIVE,WHICH GIVES INFO INTO PRINTING NOT THROUGH PSHOP BUT DEDICATED PRINTER SOFTWARE WHICH CAN GO SOMEWAY TO TAKING THE MYSTERY OF PRINTER SETTINGS RGB SRGB ETC,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 22 Nov 2009
Cooreman "DCO" (Brussels) - See all my reviews
This book was really useful for me. All you need to know for putting your great pictures on paper. Really good.

Fine Art Printing for Photographers: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers by Uwe Steinmueller and Juergen Gulbins (Paperback - 11 Oct 2006)
Used & New from: £4.48