5.0 out of 5 stars Najmieh has done a great job
Hi
I am persian myself and bought the book as part of a wedding present for my friend and his wife. Although they ar Iranians (persians) like most who have grown up outside of Iran don't know much about cooking the lovely food. You can not get decent persian cooks in resturants either so one has to learn and appreciate the food. This book is beautifully presented and...
Published on 24 May 2010 by Tesco Club Card

3.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect.
Book is beautiful made. I am dissapointed just about one thing: every reicipe should have picture. I am not very familliar with Middle East kitchen and picture would be much helpful to follow recipe. There is 240 recipes and 120 photos (not every of them according to recipe). For beginners, like I am, that is big shortcoming.
Published on 8 Jan 2010 by Alexandra

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Reference in Persian Food BUT Lacks more photos, 18 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I have gone through the book and I found it a very essential reference for Persian food lovers (like myself and my husband). But, although this book has some very nice photos about some of the cooks on it, it REALLY needs more since, you know, a picture worth a thousand words. Also, it would be better if each photo was put in front of its recipe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Easy-to-follow recipies, 23 Aug 1998
By A Customer
Having been raised in a Persian household in the US, I have been spoiled by my mother's virtuousity in the kitchen. Persian cuisine is at once powerfully exotic, subtle in its combinations of flavors and, on the whole, extremely healthy. I set out, about a year ago, to find the "definitive" persian cookbook and after trying more than I care to mention, I found "New Food of Life." I have faithfully followed Ms. Batmanglij's recipies and have been thrilled by the results. (Mom even gave it the thumbs up) The author gives terrific "troubleshooting" tips, provides a list of regional grocers where one can find certain hard-to-locate spices and enriches the cooking with insightful literary references from the culture. Merci Ms. Batmanglij!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for non-Persians and Persians alike, 28 Jun 1998
By A Customer
I loved this book. Although I had already had tried another author's work, I found this author's recipes excellent as well. I especially liked they way she also touched on the history and ceremonies, it made the food much more alive. It is an excellent basic book for anyone who plans on cooking for Persians or non-Persians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifull, 14 April 2014
Karien "Karien" (Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food of Life: Ancient Persian and Modern Iranian Cooking and Ceremonies (25th Anniversary Edition) (Hardcover)
Great Pictures & recipies + where possible a vegetarian variant.
A very thorough overview of a cuisine that I did not know until now

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, 27 Mar 2014
A piece of art!,all the recipes I have tried out brought me back to my mum's kitchen,it is simply fantastic....

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, 2 Mar 2014
F. Farrow "F Farrow" (UK) - See all my reviews
Love it. Got it as a present for my daughter and it was one of the best presents ever. brilliant book with easy to follow instructions and great receipies.

Get it, you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars ************ ABSOLUTELY AMAZING & INFORMATIVE & SO SIMPLE TO FOLLOW *************, 23 Feb 2014
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BOOK.
Not only dose it give you a massive variety of Persian cuisine, it surprisingly and generously shares the Persian culture in it's life lived by Poetry, traditional ceremonies and explanations of hospitality reasoning. Just outstanding. I have recommended to everyone that is willing to listen to my enthusiasm about it ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent christmas present, 16 Jan 2014
G. willson (UK) - See all my reviews
my daughter asked for this for a Christmas present , having heard about it and she was delighted with it

5.0 out of 5 stars food to die for, 30 Oct 2013
If you like Persian food and would like to cook, this is the best ever Persian cook book. The book also gives you the history, and customs of the country so rarely understood.
I have cooked many of the meals, all very successful. As the saying goes ( finger licking good).
Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most complete work - an encyclopaedia!, 11 Sep 2013
This is the most thorough and lovingly-put together book you could think of. It is not just a recipe book, but an introduction into a whole culture via gastronomy. What a gift for a westerner!

ARRAY(0xadd1d8e8)