4.0 out of 5 stars Very good if slightly simple
Published on 5 July 2012 by Rosie1309

3.0 out of 5 stars More suitable for American practitioners
Published on 8 July 2010 by cas

3.0 out of 5 stars More suitable for American practitioners, 8 July 2010
This review is from: Theories of Attachment: An Introduction to Bowlby, Ainsworth, Gerber, Brazelton, Kennell, and Klause (Paperback)
I did find the first part of the book, which outlines the main attachment theories, interesting, although brief. However, as an early years practitioner in the UK, I found the second part not quite so useful as it focusses on working with newborn babies in a group setting, which most UK nurseries don't usually cater for because of our system of providing extended, paid leave for new mothers. It isn't a book for a new parent either, as a more general babycare book which covered general development etc would be more helpful. It is very much a book which focusses on how childcare providers can support very new parents.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good if slightly simple, 5 July 2012
I bought this book as I did a psychology A Level and was doing an extended research project into attachment and thought this book would give me more detail and more information. It did the job and is very easy to understand even if you're not studying psychology which I found very useful. I read it all the way through and also just referenced parts of it so it can be used in both ways. My only problem was tht ti didn't go into a lot of detail about the studies and the procedures, it is more of a summary. I found it very interesting and a good book but not quite detailed enough for the research I was doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy!, 13 Feb 2014
A really good quality book- love the silicone feel cover, hardwearing. The actual content is. Lear, concise with enough detail to give a good overview of theory and the theorists.

20.93