Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 November 2013
I read these books when I was growing up and I was thrilled to find them again to buy for my sons. The text is a little easy so its not so much for my 9 year old to read himself but its the idea that I bought it for. ie. Do you go down to the river? or cross through the forest. You decide. My youngest loves this type of scenario too.
on 2 May 1998
I love "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" stories, and this largely light-hearted one is great for the younger kids. As to the storyline(s), I offer but one piece of advice: don't take candy from strangers -- especially if they're Furry Turtles! :)
on 2 January 2010
My 8 year old loves these books! Being able to have input into how the story goes is great! Highly recommend these books.
on 8 April 2015
Perfect introduction to the choose your own adventure series. Lots of choices and endings to cycle through. Some funny endings that will have you child laughing. Great pace and all can be wrapped up at bedtime, if you buy any in this series buy this.
on 11 January 2016
I bought this to encourage and help one of my pupils. It arrived very quickly and safely. The boy liked it so much that his parents intend buying some more of theses books.
on 23 September 2010
bought this book for my 9 year old as i remember them from when i was a kid i was very dissapointed when i looked through this book as the writing is quite large and only a few sentences on each page put it this way he read one story through in about 3 mins he says its good though
on 23 September 2015
Brought this to try to motivate my daughter to read more - she loves it - thank you!
on 30 October 2014
Kids loved this book, choosing their own storyline each time they read it.
on 7 March 2011
The story is overly far-fetched and very abrupt. I also found it poorly written and potentially discouraging for a young reader.

"Time doesn't move seem to pass..." (page 13)

I expected better from Dragonlarks and R. A. Montgomery.

I really hope this book is a one off, but I'm not willing to find out. I'll be buying from a different author next time.

I say avoid this particular book, apparently others (journey under the sea) are better.
on 26 January 2015
These books really helped my son learn to love reading.