5.0 out of 5 stars All paths lead to heels
Published on 3 Oct 2010 by Mrs. P. J. Beeching

3.0 out of 5 stars not sure
i was excited to get this book but i am not sure i will make any of the patterns as the yarn is difficult to get hold of on some of them. but i am glad i bought it any who knows with a little bit of searching i may be able to make them all.
Published 20 months ago by Miss R Rozier

5.0 out of 5 stars All paths lead to heels, 3 Oct 2010
This review is from: Think Outside the Sox: 60 Winning Patterns from the Knitter's Magazine Contest (Paperback)
Sock Knitters aren't usually classed as being seekers after excitement are they? Usually we just sit quietly and knit and think our own thoughts, don't they? Besides, we are often from the older generation and therefore set in our ways and couldn't possibly be taught - or want - anything different, could we? Wrong! Some of us are seekers after wisdom and innovative ideas so if you are interested in something just a bit different and have an obsession with discovering new and fantastic ways of knitting socks, this is a book for us. I started on 'Snow Under Cedars' and quickly became immersed in a new way (for me at least) of knitting the sole of a sock, 2-colour vikkel braid and a 2-colour cast on - all with reasonable illustrations on how to do them. In short, I'm amazing myself.

All in all, this book is a feast of sockie indulgence for the Fearless Knitter - and with loads of patterns for new-to-socks knitters as well - no horror stories to tell of Knitters being driven to despair by the patterns! If you are happy knitting bog-standard socks with self-striping yarn, then good for you - they have their place in every sock drawer - but for those wanting to extend their knowledge in an enjoyable and painless way, grab a copy and share in the satisfaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Think outside the sox, 31 Dec 2010
My wife borrowed this book from a friend, but I managed to spill tea all over it. I purchased a replacement for our friend who was very please to receive it - she loved the book originally. My wife remains equally pleased with her tea stained copy. I guess if you like knitting this is the book for you! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Think outside the sox, 24 Sep 2010
This was a really good purchase for me. It's full of good info and diagrams and really different sock designs. I dom't know which to start with! For those into crafts, particularly socks who rely on following a pattern I can't recommend this book highly enough! Plenty to keep you occupied during the coming winter months! Happy knitting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 21 Nov 2012
Exclellent selection of all manner of socks, with some ingenious ideas, eg the Double Knit pair. A challenge for even the most adventurous of knitters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Think Ouside the Sox, 26 Dec 2011
J. Hales (W Yorks, UK) - See all my reviews
Well worth it just for the pattern on the fromt cover, but many other socks I want to try. Not a good purchase if you are a beginner but for anyone that loves knitting socks this is a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Think outsude the box, 26 Dec 2010
The cover alone on this book had me sold, I have recently tackled sock knitting and have quickly become an addict. The patterns in this book provide a large variety of styles and levels of difficulty to try and the skills involved have been well explained and laid out visually . Terrific book.

5.0 out of 5 stars well-heeled, 16 Nov 2010
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
All designs imaginable in this book featuring socks from a contest. Designs were submitted from seven countries. Over 60 winning designs are featured. This book certainly pushed the boundaries. I looked through the book first and chose my winners. When I got to the back of the book, I have to say I preferred the one that won third prize and also greatly favoured the leaf socks, titled 'In The Peaceful Forest' by Sandy Moore. The book includes tips and techniques, illustrated patterns and all instructions. There is more than enough to satisfy the average sock knitter for a long, long time. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book reviews website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 27 Oct 2010
Natasha Coombs (Mid-Wales) - See all my reviews
I saw this book at a friend's house, came home and ordered it immediately. Full of lovely designs: can't decide which to make first! Don't forget to translate from AMerican to English, though...

5.0 out of 5 stars Think Outside the Sox:, 27 May 2014
A nice colourful book, with a lot of different sock patterns in. Some are most unusual, but the indtructions could be a bvit better. I wanted this for one particular pattern the woven effect sox but I struggle to see how the heel was turned (and I am no beginner to knitting). There are some really lovely designs and I will aim to turn them into toe up sox where they are not.

3.0 out of 5 stars not sure, 5 Dec 2012