on 19 May 2015
I am a big fan of Rolf Potts ever since he introduced me the world of Vagabonding. His second book didn't disappoint either!
on 7 April 2013
This is an insightful behind-the-scenes look at the construction of good travel writing piece. In many cases the omissions from the story are just as interesting as the bits that made it in. Definitely recommend this book.
on 5 July 2010
Rolf Potts travel memories are a great reminder of what travelling in today's world is really like. A lot of inexperienced travellers tend to have false expectations of what the world is really like and how far you have to go to seek "real adventure".

As an experienced travellers myself I recognised a lot of what Potts talked about in his book. Especially the reflections after each short-story provided some humorous and interesting insight.

I'd recommend this book to experienced travellers who'd like to share experiences and to people preparing for their first big "travel", just to get their expectations in line.

As the book is a collection of short-stories it is well suited for "casual reading". As there is no over-arcing plot it is easy to lay down for a while.