5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read
Absolutely hilarious. A must read for all travellers. A very informative book packed with essential information for any traveller.

Published on 21 April 2006 by Claire

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition
I am finding this book quite trying to read on the kindle. Many anecdotes are placed in such a way they split the text mid sentence, sometimes you have two pages of anecdote before the last few words of the sentence. This is more trying on the Kindle than in a book, as you only see one page at a time.

The other irritating thing is that some phrases are...
Published on 25 July 2011 by Travelling Light

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 21 April 2006
Claire (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Shit Around the World: The Art of Staying Clean and Healthy While Traveling: The Art of Staying Clean and Healthy While Travelling (Travelers' Tales Guides) (Paperback)

As well as brilliant humour this book gives tips and essential advice on amongst many things serious issues like avoiding diarrhoea, parasites, global delicacies, child travellers, immunisations and the importance of rehydration.

Dr Jane Wilson-Howarth offers a very clear and easy to understand approach to a subject sometimes not often talked about, yet faced by travellers on a day-to-day basis!

In addition the book is packed from cover to cover with travellers own entertaining experiences from across the globe.

A fantastic book, waiting to be bought and read. I can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 7 Nov 2012
I'm not one to actually read books.

I think I have around a dozen to my collection.

One of the most interesting reads and had me in fits of laughter through most of it!

I'm possibly one of the most hygienic people out there and yet this book still managed to open my eyes further than I could imagine!

Its a must read and a book any traveller should have on their travels as it contains crucial information on symptoms, reasons and solutions.

A pleasurable read.

P.s. I leave for INDIA in two weeks :0D

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift for the traveller, 2 Mar 2014
Bought this as a joke present for a mate who read it before travelling- I understand it came in handy

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for world travellers, 23 April 2014
Don't be mislead into thinking this is just a dirty joke book. It is packed with vitally important tips for travel which are written in a very engaging and witty manner. I found it extremely helpful and shall act on the advice. The author is immensely qualified as a health practitioner to give us the facts about how diseases are transmitted and what to do to avoid being contaminated. She also gives crucial advice on how to treat diarrhoea, most of which I thought I knew but found I was wrong. The anecdotes of others are also not just hilarious, but also very handy tips. I would add one of my own: I developed galloping sickness and diarrhoea just as boarding the flight home from Turkey. The loo was not available most of the time and several times I passed out. Nobody cared as I was too smelly to encounter. I now make sure I have several strong leak proof plastic bags in my pocket plus tissues and I pack incontinence pants in my luggage because I am never going to have this experience again! At the first slight twinge before a journey, on go the safety pants!

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition, 25 July 2011

The other irritating thing is that some phrases are repeated, I assume this is an error caused when moving it onto the Kindle.
The Kindle edition is much cheaper than the book, but is still the most expensive Kindle book I have bought. If I had a book with these print errors I would send it back as faulty. The book reviews are so glowing I can only assume that it has been carelessly ported.

The content is interesting, funny and useful, but repetitive. (Or is more repeated than short phrases?)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good hints and tips..., 16 Dec 2014
This book was meant for a couple of friends who are going backpacking soon. I read a few pages and think it may be suitable, there are some good hints and tips in it and it's fun to read. I just loved the title, very original!

5.0 out of 5 stars full of good information and written with humour, 21 Oct 2014
A must for travellers, full of good information and written with humour. Included some very funny tales!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Nov 2014
Great Product - Fantastic Price and Wonderful Service and Delivery. Keep up the Good Work

5.0 out of 5 stars ... present for family who were going travelling - they loved, 8 Aug 2014
It was a present for family who were going travelling - they loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing to get for a person travelling, 6 Sep 2013
Got it for a present for a friend going travelling, great little present to get a friend with a dirty scene of humour :)