Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 February 2013
Well, as I loved all previous Ringu books, I loved this one too. Mostly I was shocked when in 180 page in first sentence was written date June 27, 1991 (one day before I got into this world). I WAS BORN ON JUNE 28, 1991. So I was very surprised by that date. Never found such thing with my birthday in a any book. And it is even more mysterious that this book is named "Birthday".

My favorite chapter of course was about Sadako's life in theater. I saw movie by this book...and I think right now I'm gonna find that DVD and watch it again.

Koji Suzuki was first Japanese author I noticed in Lithuania when I still was a teen. When I bought this book, I thought it will be very hard to read in English his book, but it wasn't at all. In fact very easy to read. Maybe other 3 books would be hard to read in English, but I read them in Lithuanian any way. I really wish to read more of his books. They are very interesting, have deep feelings, and they so calm me that I fall asleep reading his books.

So in any case- I LOVED THIS BOOK VERY MUCH.
on 15 January 2013
...After reading Suzuki's trilogy of "Ring", "Spiral" and "Loop", "Birthday" is perfect to round things up.
More background information is given from different perspectives of the main characters.
on 29 January 2011
Loved this book. It provides a context for three important scenes over the previous three books. It is an easy read, since the reader knows already how things turn out. Suzuki could do far worse than make another Birthday-type book; detailing other scenes from the previous books. It did make me buy Dark Water though to get more of Suzuki's writing. Overall, this book is not truly part of the Ring Trilogy, but provides valuable insight into how things turn out. Better than Loop and Spiral (by far!), but the first Ring book is still the best.
on 7 October 2014
Great conclusion to the saga. It contains a wonderful prologue and a backstory to a few mysteries that were never solved/addressed in the previous entries.
on 24 February 2013
Love reading Koji Suzuki books. Three stories in one was great and loved reading this book. Read this book three times already.
on 5 February 2016
An excellent read and well recommended. A series of short stories. One of these was made into a film called Darkwater.