Format: PaperbackChange

on 27 February 2008
This book is very similar to "The Cute Book", but is for larger scale versions (c. 25-35cm tall) and made out of jersey material (although I have used cotton) instead of felt. They are incredibly easy to make - my 7 year old daughter has even had a go. The patterns (which need enlarging if you make them to their specifications) include bunny, bear, fish, lizard, sheep, monkey, penguin, cat and other wierd creatures. They are all cute, even if some are a little strange and would appeal to conventional as well as more modern crafters.
Instructions are easy to follow & very sweetly written (each character has a few words written about them which are totally random),
All in all, a good crafting book for all.
on 30 December 2007
I bought this book in Japan at an Aranzi Aronzo shop.

I was so in love with their plush toys but discovered that they are not made to sell so I was advised to buy the book and make them myself.

Although I have the Japanese version with poor reading skills I found this book so easy and simple to use!

It has fantastic photos of the plush, simple set by set picture instructions and patterns to copy and transfer to material.

Must get if you love all kawaii plush!
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 January 2009
This book is written in a lovely light hearted tone without sacrificing the clarity of the instructions. Not that the softies are difficult to make, most are definitely beginner level. A sewing machine would be a great help but is not essential. My favourite are the bunnies, I have made mine a wardrobe of different dresses for different occasions, but I also like pinky, a kind of pink hippo thing. This book would be ideal for the beginner who wants to make their own softies but wants patterns and guidance to use as a starting point. Some of these are odd bordering on weird, like Kidnapper whose job is "to kidnap kids". Well it is Japanese, and there is no way of translating some aspects of culture!
on 2 May 2009
This book has so many cute and cuddly projects in it, if you like cute then you need this. The only thing I would say is that all projects are made using jersey cloth, so if you don't have any at hand like I did, then you might want to get some so that you can get stuck in with making the dolls. If you buy this then don't buy the cute book as the designs are the same.
on 22 July 2010
Loved it- already made the monkey! Struggled to find Jersey Cloth so just used other material and worked fine and I have not really done anything like this before. Brill, brill fun book!
on 28 February 2010
I like to make dolls. But the first reason to buy this book is the beautifull lay-out. Nice little drawings, nice projects.
on 30 January 2011
This book is lovely! I've made lots of the cute little creatures inside for friends and family, they suit all ages and sense's of humour! Really easy to follow and enjoyable to read thru too, its even got my friends interested and they've bought the book too to have a go!
Its really nice if your into crafty things and are looking for that different unusual gift to make for someone!
on 29 January 2014
The characters are interesting. We have made 3 so far (and we used felt rather than the suggested jersey fabric), unlikely we'll make all of the characters (not necessarily 'cute' to our taste). The patterns/finished characters in this one are larger (around 20cm) than in some other books I've bought, but like the ideas and character descriptions!
on 19 July 2008
even if you aren't going to make the cute toys this book will make you happy
VINE VOICEon 28 September 2015
Very disappointing. I had high hopes for this book, but found the patterns to be very basic, and I cannot imagine that I will use any if them. I consider the designs to be very amateurish, something g a child would find easy to tackle.