5.0 out of 5 stars A truly amazing insight into the world of John Edward
Published on 7 Sep 2001 by nicola@aranea.co.uk

2.0 out of 5 stars This isn't the sequel to One Last Time.
Published on 18 Oct 2001 by Nubestreet

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly amazing insight into the world of John Edward, 7 Sep 2001
nicola@aranea.co.uk (Buckinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
When I heard about John Edward, I felt compelled to read this amazing history of his unique abilities. I have always had an interest in all thing's 'mystical' but have never experienced anyone quite like John. This book is the latest in his series of insights into the 'other side' which details his past experiences and the trials and tribulations of doing what he does. Of every author I have ever read, John Edward seems to convey a certain type of energy through the written word as if he were standing right in front of you. He inspires you to explore the posibilities and maybe, perhaps, learn how to increase your awareness to experience this for yourself.
I enjoy the fact that he does not hold anything back - "what I get, you get", and you really do get a warm feeling reading the stories of the people who's lives he has touched. He has a fresh attitude that makes you feel at ease with your beliefs and encourages you to stay somewhat cynical.
This book is a revellation to all those people out there who, like me, have been looking for someone who can convey messages in a 'real' sense, who holds nothing back and who does not back away when the person in session with him doesn't understand a message that is being put to them. I watch 'Crossing Over' at every opportunity and feel that this book is a wonderful example of the work of John Edward.
To all those people out there who have been searching for that person who makes you think 'wow!' - John Edward is the 'one'. A truly fantastic & compelling read that I would recommend to everyone. AAA+++
I only wish that the man himself would come over to England to enable us Brits to participate in the experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars This isn't the sequel to One Last Time., 18 Oct 2001
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
Having been introduced to John Edward via his TV show I was keen to read his books since he is such an impressive and convincing medium. I read One Last Time first and got exactly what I expected - stories about people he had read and the outcomes of those readings. Some of these stories are trully remarkable and act as a testament to the lengths that those who have "passed" will go to in order to convince the rest of us that they're still around.
Having enjoyed this book I began to read Crossing Over, hoping for more of the same, and the most recent book does, indeed contain some heartwarming and impressive accounts, but they are few and far between. What I wish I had known before I bought the book was that it is largely a history of John Edward's mediumship and the TV show itself. The former is documented in more detail in One Last Time and the latter is covered in too much detail here. I found myself rushing through the first few chapters because I'd heard almost all of it before and then searching through the rest for something more compelling than accounts of meetings with media people.
I don't wish to be misunderstood; I greatly admire John Edward's work and having seen his show and having read One Last Time I am comforted by a belief that my family is looking over me. However, John Edward is no writer and so has not suceeded in making the story of his career compelling reading. The material of One Last Time is fascinating enough in itself to make problems of style or structure irrelevant. However, this is not the case with Crossing Over which should have been more skillfully edited.
So, to anyone who, like a lot of us in the UK, has seen Crossing Over on Living (isn't that ironic?) and wants to read more, I would recommend One Last Time rather than Crossing Over the book, unless the history of the show is what you're after.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant ! Once you start to read it you can't put it down, 5 April 2002
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
Myself and my husband had already read One Last Time and couldn't wait until Johns next book came out. Crossing over is a brilliant book. I watch all of the John Edward shows on Living TV and am addicted. His book has the same humour and message as his show. His books have given me an inner peace, and has opened my mind and heart to a different outlook on life and death. This is a great follow up book. I highly recomment it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again a book I could not put down, 17 Sep 2001
M. Bratton (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
After reading his previous book One Last Time I felt compelled to find out more. I found this book to be most informative and refreshing to hear of the obstacles that John had to work through to get to his TV 'show'. Following watching his show on Living and reading these two books I feel that the next step forward is to listen to his audio tapes that give instructions on how to develop your own potential. Long may he continue to bring comfort to all that he meets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crossing Over Review By Philip A. Kinsella UK, 20 Nov 2001
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
Crossing Over is an inspiring and wonderfully uplifting book by one of our world's top psychic mediums. I can share his empathy and have myself had the contact I have needed from the Other Side. John Edward gives an insight into his world and how, through tragedy, he came to unleash his remarkable Gift from God. I greatly recommend this book to all who are searching for their inner light. The book is well written and has you hooked right to the end. I have read One Last Time, (also by the same author) and can only urge people to go out and buy this new title of his. I have seldom come across a good medium, but Mr. Edward is surely the most important and gifted person I have ever seen on television. He brings hope to those who have none. Crossing Over is a delightful and honest read. I give it 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars You have got to read this book!! What a personality!!!, 3 Mar 2002
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
I read this book after reading "One Last Time". I was very impressed with the way it was written. John Edward wrote this book himself in his own words and it is such an honest account of his life. His personality really shines through in this book and I foud it very difficult to put dowm once I had started it. Because of John Edward I now firmly believe that the loved ones I have lost are here with me every day and I am so thankful for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely awesome, a saint!!, 13 Nov 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Crossing Over (Paperback)
I am in awe of john edward. Anyone who reads this book will realise how silly it is to be sceptic about life continuing after death.
This book covers his television show 'crossing over' and is truly phenomenal.
John Edwards amazing powers are a gift to him and I don't think many people will be able to do what he does, but there is hope for us all.
I believe this life is only the beginning of a truly spectacular journey, which this book helps us to understand.
Sceptics must be so gullible to believe all the sceptical propaganda.
Buy this book if you have an open mind and are willing to connect with a deeper meaning to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Read!, 28 Mar 2002
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
Well, what a great book. Being a fan of his tv show, I felt I should give his books a try. One Last Time was brilliant and I was exstatic when I heard he was writing another. Crossing Over is a great book. It gives you a priviledged peek behind the scenes and what goes through his mind. I have found John Edward a sort of rolemodel, someone to look up to. This book has reinforced my beliefs, and general feelings about the spiritual world. I could not put it down! GREAT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing read covering the spiritual life of John, 5 Jan 2002
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
I bought this book after becoming hooked on his TV series. This book had me similarly incapable of doing anything else and I read it cover to cover in less than a week (that's good for me!). It is an honest upfront view of life as John Edward, medium to the spirits - his development as a medium through his experiences, both good and bad, in trying to follow the path his guides have set out for him. A truly excellent book about a truly amazing man!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best (and quickest) I have ever read, 30 Oct 2002
T. Webster "mysticmum" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crossing Over (Hardcover)
Wow, this is the first book that I have ever "not been able to put down" I got it home at 11 am and had finished it the next day, it is amazing, I had never read any of his books but loved his TV show, he is the only TV medium (in my eyes) that is a normal person, not with a overextended ego. His personality shone through, and his honest portrayal of growing up with the gift helped me emensly, after growing up seeing spirit myself and denying what was happening as well as having children who do also see spirit, this book has helped me understand what I and my children went through. It is an excellent book for those who believe as well as skeptics. There is is nothing I can say about this book in critism. It made me laugh, sigh, cry and smile again. His honest portrayal of his life just makes him a better medium, I am now starting to read his others. What a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Crossing Over
Crossing Over by John Edward (Paperback - 1 July 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01