5.0 out of 5 stars A revolution in the making
The central message of this extraordinary book is: consume whole foods in the context of a plant-based diet. If you do you will greatly decrease the likelihood that you will die prematurely from the "diseases of affluence" that ravage our society, including cancer, heart failure and diabetes.

This is a diet that makes eminent sense and is in accord with what...
Published on 10 May 2006 by Dennis Littrell

2.0 out of 5 stars Wanted to believe but have nagging doubts
When I first read this book I found it revelatory and went around telling everyone about it. However, with time and as people have questioned points from the book I have started to have nagging doubts about it. I have started to wonder: why is the author is such a lone voice in promoting these ideas? And if the conclusions are valid, why are they so at odds with the...
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by A reader

‹ Previous | 117 18 19 20 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars very very misleading, 16 Feb 2013
John Ross "returningworm" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The reasons this book is wrong are very long detailed and complicated but can be summarised as; it over-interprets the research; it makes unjustified jumps and links between research and unrelated conclusions; it ignores contrary evidence even from the author's own research; it ignores well established and obvious information to jump to ridiculous alternative conclusions.

for a long detailed analysis go to the blogs of Denise Minger.

1.0 out of 5 stars It`s not rocket science., 20 Jan 2013
This review is from: China Study, The: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health (Paperback)
Very, Very , Long winded book that basically tells you to eat more fruit and veg, and to give up meat and meat based products. This book could have been condensed into about thirty pages ! Would NOT recommend this book. It`s not rocket science!

5.0 out of 5 stars YES!! A book definately worth reading !!, 28 Jan 2011
The China Study is based on true facts on the "most comprehensive large study ever undertaken of the relationship between diet and the risk of developing disease".

Eat less animals proteins and eat Vegetables proteins instead and your chances of getting Cancer will be very slim indeed. That's what the study is based on and on other health conditions.

A masterpiece of imformation with data full of true facts.
Those into the Medical field should read this book and open their eyes to alternative medicines, involving foods as the sources of cure and not some of the drugs we comsume.
John from Malta

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Changing, 22 Sep 2010
I love this book. Before reading this book I always wanted to be vegetarian/vegan but found this hard to stick to because I love eating meat. After reading the book I have not touched or craved meat or diary products for over 6 weeks now and I have no craving for sweets.

I have lost a few pounds; my acne has cleared up and I am less tired through out the day. also my husband said that my breath is less smelly when I wake up in the mornings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing information, 13 Aug 2010
Mr. I. A. Ross "Vixian" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have been reading and searching nutrition books for over 20 years. I personally have been off and on vegetarian diets. When eating meat I felt unhealthy, got fatter, and my cholesterol and sugar levels in my body going mad. In my search for my own health I stumbled on to this book. At this stage my cholesterol was high and did not want to use satins. I went on to a vegan diet and within 2 weeks my cholesterol levels had dropped from 8.2 to 5.2. I needed no more convincing. This book is controversial!! if for the sake of health you don't see yourself adopting a vegan diet, don't read this book. The truth is shocking and wonderful.
I love this book, everything I have ever felt is here for you to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Must Read this Book !, 10 April 2010
L. Dowd (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Firstly, this is a real review. I am a real person. I am nearly finished reading Mr. Campbell's
thought-provoking book. It scared the hell out of me for all the right reasons. Now, I understand why vegetarians eat the way they do. I used to laugh at them years ago as being 'food obsessives!' I am not laughing at them now. Half way through this book, I completely stopped eating ALL dairy products. I am now 99% vegetarian. What is particularly worrisome is the 'vested interests' of the meat & dairy industry who fool us into believing that milk & meat are good for our health. I am reminded of the saying of Joseph Goebells ( I think), the propaganda master for Hitler: " If you tell a lie for long enough, people will believe it." Unfortunately, that is very true with the food industry today. As well as the cosmetics industry. Very important book. Everyone should read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars China Study, 12 May 2011
Silk2b (Warrington) - See all my reviews
This has got to be the most enlightening study ever performed.
Colin Campbell should be given the keys to the world if you read any book this year treat yourself to this one your body will thank you for it trust me absolutely superb thx Dr C

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 24 Sep 2010
My husband become a vegetarian since read it.It is amazing.I am a vegan, my husband eat lots meat before, I am so glad his change.

5.0 out of 5 stars thank goodness for T Colin Campbell, 13 April 2010
James E. Smith (england) - See all my reviews
Good solid irrifutable evidence that a lot of major killer disease is in fact quite avoidable and the means to do it not at all difficult to implement. Everyone should read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and startling, 29 Aug 2011
Although people are going to adopt these ideas slowly and hesitantly, I feel Prof. Campbell is on the right path - advising us of eating healthy, nature-born food

‹ Previous | 117 18 19 20 | Next ›