4.0 out of 5 stars China Study - tell me more!
Just some random comments as there are so many reviews already...
I read this book after being recommended it by a friend. I was born and raised on a 'health farm' where all the food was home grown and organic. I therefore already knew a great deal on this subject. However I was interested to read more data and to see what other stats had come out of the China Study...
Published 15 months ago by Bam Bam

2.0 out of 5 stars More veg is good for everyone but a lot of shaky science here
I've been reading a lot of diet stuff recently and this book is good in places. I mean, who could argue with the idea we should all be eating much more whole plant foods? No one. But - and it is a big but - I have to say that the idea of throwing out all animal protein strikes me as simply irresponsible.

We evolved eating animal proteins. Long before we ever...
Published 9 months ago by Raggielass

‹ Previous | 117 18 1924 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 26 July 2014
This review is from: China Study, The: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health (Paperback)
very interesting, excellent read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 July 2014
everyone should know this

1.0 out of 5 stars Gross abuse of statistics, 30 Dec 2009
Seren Matthews "Seren" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
I was really into this book until I read some criticisms - basically the data has been grossly abused to fit an agenda, its very sad.

These are plenty of reviews online if you google [...], [...]. I'm really not happy having wasted my time reading this and being mislead!

Its been many years since I've read this now and I've done a ton of reading and research into nutrition, I'm convinced not only is this book incorrect, but if you follow its suggested diet you will end up sick.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Greatest Research Ever Conducted On Health, 5 Jan 2012
Nathan Hewitt "The good life" (Cardiff U.K) - See all my reviews
Don't think. Just buy it. It's not what the book costs. It's what it going to cost if you don't read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It will change the way you eat, 12 Jun 2011
J. Urena (Marina del Rey, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I just read "The China Study". Its conclusions are truly shocking, and backed by very solid scientific facts. I highly recommend anyone who can, to read it. It demonstrates how extensive studies performed by the author and by others show that a whole foods, plants-based diet can almost completely avoid all "affluent" diseases, like cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, etc. What's new, is that it shows the results of the most extensive study on nutrition ever performed to back his recommendations, plus he explains that there is no one "good" diet for cardiovascular health, and another diet to avoid cancer, and so on. He shows that all "affluent" diseases have a common cause, and that root cause is nutrition with an excess animal protein component.

The conclusions are much more extensive, but very hard to summarize in just one paragraph.

5.0 out of 5 stars China Study, 27 April 2011
Of all the 'Healthy Living'/ Diet books ever written, this is by far the most significant and nescessary read by anyone seriously interested in maintaining/improving their health/the health of others whose lifestyle they might be able to influence.

The author has it spot-on, and throughout the entire book, statements/statistics/claims made are constantly backed up by official, undisputable existing documentary evidence.

At a cost of £8.50 or whatever it was, and a few hours of reading time . . . taking on board what this book says could well prove to be the best investment of your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed what I now consider food, 5 April 2011
This book draws parallels between meat-based & plant-based diets, resultative long-term health figures, and research studies.

I used to eat a varied diet. Well, in short, now I don't. I eat a plant based diet.

My household enjoys meat too much, so Lent is the only time we are completely animal protein-free. I urge anyone thinking about reading this to just read it. I have long since passed this book on and bought copies for many friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Required reading, 11 Nov 2010
Amazon Customer (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Finally, a no-nonsense, frank and objective book that will inform the reader about the workings of proper nutrition and the official and scientific published data/results to back it up. The previous reviews say it all - it's required reading for everyone. I finally went vegan and should have done it years ago! If you are fed up with all the constant conflicting and contradictory advice issued by 'government scientists' on what we should be eating (or not eating), join the club. Be informed and read this book - you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read it!, 25 Mar 2009
Will change the way you think about food. And if you don't turn vegetarian you've got a death wish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Aug 2014