4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!
Published on 26 July 2007 by Happy feet

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really for the beginner
Published on 24 Nov 2006 by M. R. Topham

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really for the beginner, 24 Nov 2006
M. R. Topham "MRT" (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocheted Bags ("Vogue Knitting" on the Go) (Hardcover)
This book has some lovely patterns but unfortunately out of the 22 designs only 6 are for beginners. All the instructions are in American terminology and the yarns used are American yarns so as long as you read through carefully you should be able to translate them all to the UK equivalent but it may take a little time. On the whole a good little book but not really the for beginner.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good!, 26 July 2007
This review is from: Crocheted Bags ("Vogue Knitting" on the Go) (Hardcover)
I came to this book after having been very disappointed in a contemporary crochet book but with Crocheted Bags I got what I was looking for: practical beautiful patterns and a wealth of additional information. Yes it is American but the instructions include rough guides (eg that the wool used is 4-ply, doubleknitting or Aran-weight) and explains the differences in terminology (I have tried to crochet American 'sc' as UK slip stitch in the past so I know how confusing it can be). The beginner bags are easy and stylish and look good (and no I did not use the yarn stated, but then I never do) but I have not yet tried the advanced patterns. Instructions are fairly terse (this is a small volume easily slipped into a bag or possibly even a pocket) but I am enjoying the challenge of figuring them out - the language and definitions remain constant from pattern to pattern unlike some of the more creative books I've seen where each pattern is written in a different, idiosyncratic way. So yes, I would recommend it - if you're looking for a book of bags to crochet!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good patterns, 27 July 2008
Ms. N. Brown - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocheted Bags ("Vogue Knitting" on the Go) (Hardcover)
This book has a few really nice crochet patterns, which are easy enough to follow and didn't prove to difficult to complete (I'd describe my level as intermediate). The patterns are rated according to difficulty. The book also gets bonus points for being small and robust enough to fit into a handbag.
On the other hand it also contains a couple of the ugliest bag patterns I've ever seen.

3.0 out of 5 stars crocheted bags, 17 April 2010
A. Stringer (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crocheted Bags ("Vogue Knitting" on the Go) (Hardcover)
nice book, handy size...wish i'd written a book, some of my own designs are a bit more professional. but for a beginner, it's really nice.

Crocheted Bags ("Vogue Knitting" on the Go)
Crocheted Bags ("Vogue Knitting" on the Go) by Trisha Malcolm (Hardcover - 18 Jan 2007)
Used & New from: 4.80