4.0 out of 5 stars Jan is a thorough writer
I find that Jan's books have the hallmark of someone who has done the work. I haven't tried everything in the book as some areas are not of interest to me.
What I have tried I have found the text really does match up to the serial signal world I'm trying to deal with.

Published on 29 Aug 2008 by SaturdayScience

2.0 out of 5 stars USB information is out of date
I bought this book purely to learn about creating USB to COM port driver software. Maybe it is my fault but the other reviews are so positive that I forgot to check how old the book is. The information in the book about USB to COM is inadequate and what is there is out of date. Five years is too old for technical books about USB.
Published on 31 May 2012 by Martin Green

2.0 out of 5 stars USB information is out of date, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Serial Port Complete: COM Ports, USB Virtual Com Ports, and Ports for Embedded Systems (Complete Guides Series) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Jan is a thorough writer, 29 Aug 2008
SaturdayScience (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews

The writing style is thorough without being patronising. This is the second book of hers that I've bought and am not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Serial Port Complete 2nd Edition, 14 Mar 2009
Jan Axelson does it again!, The Serial Port Second Edition covers the new .NET 2.0 and greater serial port Class in the same depth that the First Edition did for MSComm with examples in VB & C# 2.0 that work with the Full Visual Studio 2008 & the Express editions as well as microcontroller examples for PIC and 8085 too. I bought 2 copies of the book, one at work one at home!
GP