on 17 June 2012
I just bought this book on the basis of all the glowing reviews on ebay. They must have been written by the author's friends, as I very much agree with the few honest critical reviews. In particular the book goes into too much detail for the average user in areas of purely academic interest, and is not detailed or specific enough where it really matters. The pictograms are poor and sometimes do not match the accompanying text. Far too many of the photos are repetitive - being of flowering buds (presumably supplied by seed sellers).

If the author has all that actual growing experience, it doesn't come over. It seems to have been written by an academic. It would have been vastly improved if it had contained some actual anecdotal growing experience.

Don't waste your money like I did.
on 3 January 2014
This book has a strange way of spending far too long going into certain aspects of marijuana growing with excruciating detail, then summing up large areas of growing with a few, highly inadequate, paragraphs.
Green delves deep into the physics of light. The colour spectrums, nanometre wavelengths, CCT, CRI, Kelvins, Inverse Square Law....but, after I knew what type bulb best replicated Spring, Summer and Autumn and how many watts per square foot was appropriate, all the rest was unnecessary. And I imagine the vast majority of people with an interest in growing marijuana are, like myself, not wanting to read a physics paper on electromagnetic energy (light). That's something that was massively over written about.
Now for the opposite.
At no point, in this book, could I find the appropriate EC levels for plants of any age or size. And this is basic and important information.
A very bad omission.

And, finally, towards the end of the book there are pages devoted to 'How to roll a joint' or 'How to make a pipe out of an apple'.
This felt like pure filler.
If someone has bought a marijuana grow bible I think we can safely assume they know how to 'roll a joint'. And, even if they don't, then having diagrams of how to stick together cigarette papers was just plain stupid!

Years ago I had a similarly titled book by Ed Rosenthal. I recall it being a far superior book.
on 16 June 2015
If you are a newbie grower do not buy this book. It doesn't cover humidity, temperature and ventilation in near enough detail, which are all vital to getting your grow right. Temperatures are shown in Farenheit which is useless for us Brits. I would say it's better as a reference book for experienced growers, but to be honest I found out much more useful info and photos on various growing forums and grow websites. Save your money.
on 27 September 2013
This is a very informative book and for the amateur it takes a lot of guess work out of the tasks in hand.It is especially valuable to the indoor grower. Mine is always grown outside so it doesn't apply to me but I have friends who refer to my book regularly. There is also a light hearted theme that runs through it, thereby making it an enjoyable read as well as a helpful guide. In a nutshell, I like it.
on 25 September 2015
a good ground base for over all planting and growing
on 2 July 2012
Hard to understand am doing this for genuine Medicare reasons but find it hard going but getting there slowly could be clearer maybe more pictures to describe items would make it better
on 12 April 2013
great read good pics well worth the money if you need a bible of this standard and quaility peace man
on 3 January 2013
Great book made a great secret santa present. However very comprehensive and factual.
Good vale and recommended truly a bible of knowledge
on 7 March 2013
Book told everything needed to know about cannabis good knowledge very informative book would recommend to any weed smoker or grower
on 18 May 2015
My son in law laughed and loved this book - Could not believe his mum in law would buy such a thing for him. Was a winner!!!