5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga for Computer Users
Published on 12 Sept. 2011 by Tami Brady

2.0 out of 5 stars A words & few pictures
I returned this book as it is full of dense text with very few diagrams. Not what I had expected at all - I had wanted a guide to movements/postures but this is not it.
Published 9 months ago by emsha

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga for Computer Users, 12 Sept. 2011
Tami Brady "Integrated Whole Health" (Calgary, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Yoga for Computer Users: Healthy Necks, Shoulders, Wrists, and Hands in the Postmodern Age (Rodmell Press Yoga Shorts) (Paperback)
If you spend any time working on your computer and you'll undoubtedly feel the tension building up in your shoulders, neck, and back. If you do a lot of typing or even texting on a regular basis, you may even run the risk of repetitive movement injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome. Of course, taking regular breaks helps reduce the risk of permanent injury but nonetheless a lot of the tension remains.

Yoga for Computer Users provides some simple exercise that you can do to release that tension while stretching those tight muscles. The poses are very easy to do, even if you've never done yoga before and are completely out of shape. Most of these exercises only take a minute or two and are meant to be sitting.

I definitely carry a lot of tension in my shoulders, neck, and back. Since getting this book, I've been taking little breaks once or twice a day to do the full range of desktop yoga postures. I've been surprised at how energized I feel afterwards.

2.0 out of 5 stars A words & few pictures, 18 Aug. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 April 2013
I suffer with Fibromyalgia and Arthritis this book has simple moves for beginners and teaches you how to sit stand and do a few exercises whilst sitting